Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I can't filter by ugly dickhead on transtermrkt. If nothing else, he's not a first choice player, so getting next year's contract off our books would be good. 

Fair play if Sol wants to go home. I want to go home too. 

Edited by rowsdower

Follow up tweet suggests he’s wanting home fee mentioned and fired into a converter: 2,000,000.00 Norwegian Kroner = 163,347.69 British Pounds

I seem to recall some talk of us paying like 135k for him so I’d take that and even throw in his taxi fare. 

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Still 9th lads.

In all absolute seriousness, this league is fucked, and I'm not sure I even want to be part of it any more.

After 50+ years following the ‘Well, and five years on P&B (I was not an early adopter of social media 😉) I am on the brink of chucking it all – for a while at least – on the grounds that it is genuinely not good for my mental health.

I went to most games home and away in my youth but moved away in the eighties, and have only averaged maybe 2 or 3 games a season since, and none at all since Covid. Even though I can’t go, I currently chip in the price of a season ticket to the ‘Well Society each year, and have no intention of stopping that.

I know what it is to be relegated, and to lose by 7 or 8 every other week, but at least then I was in the ground, in the company of fellow fans, Following this from afar, by stream, by Twitter, or even (God forgive me) SOL, is becoming a total mind f**k, and I fear I've finally had enough.

TL:DR – see you on here on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, eliphas said:

There's literally no point in gnashing teeth. It's exactly the same every single week. As in...exactly. 

This, there was chat from Hammell about having prepared to play 2 strikers all week then "mika" (diet coke and a pizza please)got injured. 
So fucking what? Play one of the other 5 players listed as a "forward" off KVV. 
Absolutely shitein yerself and reverting back to the bog standard shite we've seen for the last few months got us, and was gettin us, nowhere.
I know none of these guys are "centre forwards" but I imagine guys like McKinstry, Tierney could play as a support striker or Crankshaw would do not bad as a striker too. 

As for the Nowegian, sell, sell, sell. It would be typical of us to sell him and fail to get anyone in. 

It's been said here and elsewhere that no one is coming in unless someone goes out. What's the cost of 2 players on 6 month deals (loan or perm) v a decade in the lower leagues.
If we go down we're doin a Falkirk. Our crowds won't swell if we manage to do well like a Dundee Utd, Killie, Hearts or Hibs. We have 5k fans max unless we reach Hampden. We also don't have the backing to spend our way to a lower league title. 

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This, there was chat from Hammell about having prepared to play 2 strikers all week then "mika" (diet coke and a pizza please)got injured. 
So fucking what? Play one of the other 5 players listed as a "forward" off KVV. 
Absolutely shitein yerself and reverting back to the bog standard shite we've seen for the last few months got us, and was gettin us, nowhere.
I know none of these guys are "centre forwards" but I imagine guys like McKinstry, Tierney could play as a support striker or Crankshaw would do not bad as a striker too. 

As for the Nowegian, sell, sell, sell. It would be typical of us to sell him and fail to get anyone in. 

He did though in fairness to him. He played Shields through the middle more beside KVV with McKinstry in the hole behind them. They then proceeded to launch the ball at Shields heid and he won nothing

However it looked about 30 mins we reverted back to Shields out wide and fell out it even more. 

5 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

He did though in fairness to him. He played Shields through the middle more beside KVV with McKinstry in the hole behind them. They then proceeded to launch the ball at Shields heid and he won nothing

fair enough!

25 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

However it looked about 30 mins we reverted back to Shields out wide and fell out it even more. 

This is something I was wondering about.

Seeing as there's been a fair bit of speculation about Shields to Dundee or QP on loan plus other clubs having been interested, did starting him in that role then subsequently subbing him off after 56' just confirm that Shields just isn't going to happen?

Like presumably Danzaki will be available going forward regardless of Mandron's injury. As @Busta Nut says you could pick any of McKinstry, Tierney, Crankshaw, Spittal, or even Goss or Slattery to play as a #10.

Given Shields' form and the fact we seem to have been actively trying to get him out on loan it'd be nuts if we kiboshed it at this stage.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

This is something I was wondering about.

Seeing as there's been a fair bit of speculation about Shields to Dundee or QP on loan plus other clubs having been interested, did starting him in that role then subsequently subbing him off after 56' just confirm that Shields just isn't going to happen?

Like presumably Danzaki will be available going forward regardless of Mandron's injury. As @Busta Nut says you could pick any of McKinstry, Tierney, Crankshaw, Spittal, or even Goss or Slattery to play as a #10.

Given Shields' form and the fact we seem to have been actively trying to get him out on loan it'd be nuts if we kiboshed it at this stage.

I did note on being subbed Shields went straight down the tunnel

11 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Agree with the above post by MP_MFC Never mind improving under Hammell, I think it’s also fair to say plenty of players have regressed under him.

Generally hate being one of those guys but things just seem completely off, on and off the pitch just now. Really concerned about the future.

On the theme of things not being right off the pitch we were going in to ground about 10 to 3 and Jake Carroll drove in with Bevis Mugabi as his passenger. We all thought this was a bit off and they should have been on the team coach. Not sure what others think but can't see a Keith Lasley or a Scott Brown rocking up at 10 to 3 if they were injured...

4 minutes ago, redstarcvedza said:

On the theme of things not being right off the pitch we were going in to ground about 10 to 3 and Jake Carroll drove in with Bevis Mugabi as his passenger. We all thought this was a bit off and they should have been on the team coach. Not sure what others think but can't see a Keith Lasley or a Scott Brown rocking up at 10 to 3 if they were injured...

I’m not sure I would be bothered about this.

3 hours ago, Well Well said:

What irked me most and from what I could tell from most of the support as well on Saturday was the complete lack of awareness by Motherwell players when a telling or attacking pass was available. The lack of any awareness of where each other are is truly frustrating.

Fans were screaming at players when someone was wide open but our players seemed to be completely unaware and just didn't notice that Mckinstry or someone was wide open. The amount of times we decided not to play a through ball or play it quickly was telling. We always seemed to want to slow our play down to a crawl and move it side to side until the inevitable diagonal that lost us possession.

As for Kelly his goal kicks now appear to be some pantomime performance where he wants to pass short to the defenders or go long but takes about 10 minutes to decide and the central defenders do not have a clue what he is going to do until he inevitably waves them up the park. I think that just increases my frustration that we are pedestrian as f**k and lack any urgency in anything we do. Only time I see it is in extra time when we suddenly start applying pressure and having shots which is way too late.

Couldn't agree more...typified by Slattery choosing to shoot into a crowd instead of playing in Johnston who would have been clean through on goal

5 minutes ago, redstarcvedza said:

Being honest? Not the sort of thing I'd be getting bent out of shape over.

4 hours ago, Well Well said:

As for Kelly his goal kicks now appear to be some pantomime performance where he wants to pass short to the defenders or go long but takes about 10 minutes to decide and the central defenders do not have a clue what he is going to do until he inevitably waves them up the park. I think that just increases my frustration that we are pedestrian as f**k and lack any urgency in anything we do. Only time I see it is in extra time when we suddenly start applying pressure and having shots which is way too late.

Kelly’s distribution is ripping my knitting aswell tbh. 

At goal kicks the amount of times he looked up to pass short to Lamie who was clearly not interested in taking the ball. His body was faced away, or fixing his boots or pulling us his socks. Ended up then as you saying waving them forward to punt it to a Saints defender. Infuriating beyond belief.

"When we hear that John (Beaton)'s in charge it is something we think right away this is going to be a tough afternoon, that's been consistent with what we've seen this season, there's no getting away from that."

:lol: surely to f**k Hammell isn't going to get away with that, like. 

43 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

"When we hear that John (Beaton)'s in charge it is something we think right away this is going to be a tough afternoon, that's been consistent with what we've seen this season, there's no getting away from that."

:lol: surely to f**k Hammell isn't going to get away with that, like. 

That's a bit wild