Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It also seems massively illogical to switch the game around due to the Logistics of things like policing, hospitality etc.

Hope you're right, was just a rumour. I was looking forward to an away day

3 hours ago, Swello said:

We can all get a bit misty-eyed about Fir Park - me more than anyone - but despite the club spending a lot of money doing it up in the summer (and literally millions on the pitch over the past decade to bring it to the top standard), it can't escape anyone's notice that it was our ground alone in the top flight that ended up with pipework that looked like swiss cheese. This is the sort of stuff we need to take into account when new stadium discussions come up and we don't fancy a move to a "lego stadium"

Hope the game makes it on Friday for lots of reasons...

Ours was called off due to the pitch and unspecified 'stadium damage'. I suspect the stadium damage was a convenient excuse but you never know

Apparently that's County interested in Stockton.

I've you're willing to take a pinch of salt Morecambe are still holding out for more money than folk are willing to pay.

This site has lifted Nixon's article: https://insidefutbol.com/2022/12/19/ross-county-make-bid-for-motherwell-and-forest-green-rovers-target/587859/

1431932523_Screenshot2022-12-19at14_41_30.thumb.png.df6ed9aac7321937061291723cfa8d41.png

Edited by capt_oats

I reckon it's probably a disadvantage in psychological/physical fatigue terms but I always quite like when we have a few games in hand. In my head I'm always adding e.g, 6 points onto our points tally until the game does actually get played and we then lose.

Also happy for us to f**k St Mirren and Killie about as much as possible after they both got games against us re-arranged in the covid season because they couldn't wash their hands properly.

Hopefully the first of a few additions to the team. 

I think I've asked this before but does anyone know what became of the Motherwell Supporters Trust?

I was having a bit of a tidy up and came across some paperwork but it's from 2003/4 and the last tweets I can see were from 2012. I take it this was where WellTrustFC came from and it led to the Well Society but can't see any confirmation.

Mentioned this the other week but I noticed Bevis put up a photo dump from November on his IG and had his knee in a brace and crutches.

Is there a chance we might be looking at another CB on top of Blaney if Big Bev is out for any length of time?

Much like @Handsome_Devil Blaney isn’t exactly the profile of CB I was expecting and that isn’t in any way a slight on him. #welcomeshane and all that.

To be clear, everything I’ve seen about Blaney looks positive eg: @gregthewellfan’s reports and @RandomGuy.’s radar but he definitely feels more of a project than someone who’s going to drop into our defence in January and sort us the f**k out.

Edited by capt_oats

52 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Hopefully the first of a few additions to the team. 

I think I've asked this before but does anyone know what became of the Motherwell Supporters Trust?

I was having a bit of a tidy up and came across some paperwork but it's from 2003/4 and the last tweets I can see were from 2012. I take it this was where WellTrustFC came from and it led to the Well Society but can't see any confirmation.

Welltrust FC were the MSTs team aye, After I'd had to pack it in they became something like the Motherwell FC Supporters Society I was told. (only the fitba team) dunno about the demise of the MST. 

31 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Mentioned this the other week but I noticed Bevis put up a photo dump from November on his IG and had his knee in a brace and crutches.

Is there a chance we might be looking at another CB on top of Blaney if Big Bev is out for any length of time?

Much like @Handsome_Devil Blaney isn’t exactly the profile of CB I was expecting and that isn’t in any way a slight on him. #welcomeshane and all that.

To be clear, everything I’ve seen about Blaney looks positive eg: @gregthewellfan’s reports and @RandomGuy.’s radar but he definitely feels more of a project than someone who’s going to drop into our defence in January and sort us the f**k out.

Tbf I was conceived Eddie Nolan was going to the be the Tom Aldred type defender we were crying out for whenever we signed him so I will definitely not throw any pre judgement out there. I know what you mean though, still would like a no nonsense type.

Any other rumours doing the rounds? Did someone mention Harry Milne at thistle?

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Absolutely just my wishful thinking that one, I think. Thought we should've taken a punt in the summer.

Looking at flash score, looks as though he is a left back, got a few goals to his name as well. Could be a good shout.

38 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Absolutely just my wishful thinking that one, I think. Thought we should've taken a punt in the summer.

The first top flight side to take a gamble on Harry Milne (and/or Charlie Fox) are onto a winner.