Jump to content

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons


Recommended Posts

Certainly one of the best worked. But favourite. Far too many others too choose imho. For me top 5:
5. Jutkiewicz in 6-6 Hibs game
4. Marc Fitzpatrick - Hearts League Cup Semi
3. Reid - Aberdeen away to clinch 2nd in 2014
2. Louis Moult - 2nd goal in League Cup semi v Rangers 
1. Stevie Kirk 4th goal - Scottish Cup final 
Honourable mentions for Skippy Sunday and Lionel v Rangers in the play offs.

Maybe there should two separate lists- best goals and best 'occasion' goals.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 26/11/2022 at 13:40, welldaft said:
Certainly one of the best worked. But favourite. Far too many others too choose imho. For me top 5:
5. Jutkiewicz in 6-6 Hibs game
4. Marc Fitzpatrick - Hearts League Cup Semi
3. Reid - Aberdeen away to clinch 2nd in 2014
2. Louis Moult - 2nd goal in League Cup semi v Rangers 
1. Stevie Kirk 4th goal - Scottish Cup final 
Honourable mentions for Skippy Sunday and Lionel v Rangers in the play offs.

Maybe there should two separate lists- best goals and best 'occasion' goals.

Agreed. I think my list was based a lot around how it affected me and how I celebrated at the time. Of course Reid goals was not a thing of beauty. But probably because we barely deserved it and it probably should have been chopped off made it all the more delicious. 

And to the point of Psycho pile driver in the semi. Quite correct it probably should be in Top 5. It is great that we have these dilemmas 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any footage of McFadden’s goal against Rangers in the 4-3 semi? In my mind it might be the best goal ever but I’ve never seen it since that day. Never watched highlights because I was too scunnered but there doesn’t seem to be anything available anywhere now that I’ve (just about) got over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

Is there any footage of McFadden’s goal against Rangers in the 4-3 semi? In my mind it might be the best goal ever but I’ve never seen it since that day. Never watched highlights because I was too scunnered but there doesn’t seem to be anything available anywhere now that I’ve (just about) got over it. 

I've tried searching for this before with no joy.  I was right in line with the 18 yard line and in the 2nd row so practically below pitch level and have been wanting to see if it looked as impressive from stadium camera view as I have imagined it looking for all these years . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one at 7:33's yer one from the 4-3 semi. Bit disappointed now as I had him curling it right into the top corner from the outside corner of the box. He still ran straight towards me to celebrate untill proven otherwise.  

Edited by JamesP_81
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the Blaney chat - I notice his contract is up on 30th November.

1487601299_Screenshot2022-11-28at13_20_05.thumb.png.f7d57048d3e5b82f0c07cc651fad007c.png

Checking back we announced Tierney on 1st December - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/12/01/ross-tierney-signs-for-motherwell/

I know with Tierney it was pretty much common knowledge and had been widely reported at that point whereas with Blaney it's more coming from Sligo fans rather than actual journalists or the like but it'll be interesting to see if we actually announce anyone during this break.

The Irish market is interesting in that respect in so much as the options in the January window are usually players on the margins of their clubs - see us signing guys like Ciftci, McCormack in January whereas with Ireland's league running through the summer and contracts expiring at the end of November it means the better players in the league could actually be available.

Curious to know if there are any players kicking their heels on Premiership benches that we might actively be interested in. Especially given how tight the league is at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

I've tried searching for this before with no joy.  I was right in line with the 18 yard line and in the 2nd row so practically below pitch level and have been wanting to see if it looked as impressive from stadium camera view as I have imagined it looking for all these years . 

There's nearly 8mins of highlights (basically just the goals) on 'The Scottish Cup' Facebook page.  It was posted on 15 November.  First time I'd watched the highlights in a long time.  

I'm on a work computer so can't get onto Facebook to link it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/11/2022 at 11:49, capt_oats said:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but that Davies goal is probably my favourite Motherwell goal.

Late to this but I don't care that this was in a run of the mill league game against newly promoted jobbers - if you want to see what that team was about - it's the best example.  Also would be at/near the top of my list. 

Instead of the big meaningful goals - here is my Run-of-the-mill league game favourites that I saw live: 

1) Bobby Russell Shimmy King - first time I saw us win at Parkhead and a fucking delicious last minute winner to do it 

2) Easter Rd for Coyne's 2nd ever goal for Motherwell (he'd just scored his first) in a loss

 

3) Easter Rd again a few months later for Mio's all time classic break and celebration

4) Ojamma vs Celtic - looks like a goal from a higher level than us

5) Ross Forbes vs St Johnstone - video quality is honkin, goal isn't.

6) Chris Humphrey against Utd - didn't get enough attention as it was a low key midweek game

7) Seedorf Vs Hearts

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...