Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

25 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Christ almighty what a list that is. 

Aye. Reading back to the exit statement from May 21 it says that "Martin and the club had decided to mutually part ways several months ago" so I wonder how far back "several months" actually was and whether he'd already chucked it when Robinson resigned.

I think Lawleff pretty much confirmed that Robinson/Foyle had already done the groundwork on his signing rather than Alexander pitching up saying "get me Steven Lawless in the door. Now".

As 'one last job' goes though...fucking hell.

Edited by capt_oats

Get the impression from Hammell’s pre-match presser that we won’t be seeing Paul McGinn again for a while. He’s been solid if unspectacular (as expected) and I’m sure SODs will do fine stepping in but  another body down we could really be doing without.  

42 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

County beating Hibs and Livi beating Aberdeen are absolutely brutal results for us. 

Yep. Both those sides had 3 x fewer shots than Aberdeen (25) and Hibs (21) and still won 🤷‍♂️

That is the worry for me. St Johnstone, Livi and even Ross County have proved they can tough it out even when getting dominated in games.

We on the other hand would pretty much lose comfortably if the other team has 20+ shots on goal as we will know doubt find out tomorrow night 🙈.

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Yep. Both those sides had 3 x fewer shots than Aberdeen (25) and Hibs (21) and still won 🤷‍♂️

That is the worry for me. St Johnstone, Livi and even Ross County have proved they can tough it out even when getting dominated in games.

We on the other hand would pretty much lose comfortably if the other team has 20+ shots on goal as we will know doubt find out tomorrow night 🙈.

That is indeed the worry. In amongst everything else there is to worry about of course…..

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

A quick recap of Foyle's last window:

• Liam Kelly (loan)
  • Steven Lawless
  • Harry Smith (loan)
  • Sam Foley
  • Jordan Roberts (loan)
  • Eddie Nolan (loan)
  • Robbie Crawford (loan made permanent)
  • Tyler Magloire (loan) 

I'm not sure if people are still hung, drawn and quartered. But if they are?

10 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

That is indeed the worry. In amongst everything else there is to worry about of course…..

All that’s happening is everyone outside the OF can’t get any real consistency to put a decent run together and will therefore take points off each other. Exact same as last season.

Nobody is going to be as bad as Dundee or St Johnstone were so it’s just makes the pack tighter. You’d think Hearts will push on now they’re not playing every midweek and Aberdeen have improved a touch.

We’d actually have a pretty entertaining league if the arse cheeks just buggered off.

Moult talks well in the press conference, I'd hope being wheeled out (almost literally) before the Celtic game suggests he'll play a part tonight.

I found the journalists angle on his recent niggle / operation a bit weird though - "are you aware the manger was frustrated..... he wasn't getting the player he thought he was getting from the start". Kinda suggesting something was held back from Hammell, which I assume is a lot of shite. 

40 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

I'm still hoping we will try something a bit different. We are overdue a result against this lot

I was kinda hoping for a back 5 but McGinn's injury put that to bed ...... unless Bevis joins Sol and Lamie, with SOD and Penney ..... <shudders at the thought>

Suspect we'll go 4-1-4-1, hope they have an off day and feign surprise when they tuck us away by 3 at least.

13 minutes ago, CoF said:

Moult talks well in the press conference, I'd hope being wheeled out (almost literally) before the Celtic game suggests he'll play a part tonight.

I found the journalists angle on his recent niggle / operation a bit weird though - "are you aware the manger was frustrated..... he wasn't getting the player he thought he was getting from the start". Kinda suggesting something was held back from Hammell, which I assume is a lot of shite. 

Typical journo trying to upset the opposition in advance of a game against the big two. Used to be transfer speculation. I guess we dont have any players good enough for that right now.

I found that a weirdly antagonistic question - but there is no basis in reality. Dogs in the street knew that Moult has been crocked for a while and it was clearly a gamble to bring him back. The idea that Hammell didn't know about that when we signed him is genuinely bizarre and wasn't worth the diplomatic answer that Moult gave. It's feasible/likely that Hammy is frustrated that we've not been able to play him more than we have but that isn't the way the question was put.

2 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Burnley after Mckinstry apparently, as are stoke and sheffield utd.

Assume the chances of holding on to him beyond the summer are slim?

(link: https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-burnley-join-race-to-sign-leeds-united-star-stuart-mckinstry-as-talks-linked-up/)

Suspect so, but are there any sell-on clauses to help soften the blow?

Aye the tone of that guys questions were weirdly antagonistic.
Every man and his dug knew Moult’s injury history, and Hammell said as much in the press about a week ago saying we brought Moult in knowing full well he couldn’t play 90 mins every week and 40 games a season. 

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

(link: https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-burnley-join-race-to-sign-leeds-united-star-stuart-mckinstry-as-talks-linked-up/)

Suspect so, but are there any sell-on clauses to help soften the blow?

From what I gather he is out of contract at Leeds, so no fees would apply. Who knows how the world of football contracts work's though.