Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

38 minutes ago, Desp said:

Marvin Johnson was a fucking right good Motherwell player.  Didn't he end up playing most of his career post-Motherwell at left-back in the Coca Cola Leagues?

If only there was a memorable goal that we could have had from him.  One which we'd happily watch time and time again.  I'd have loved that. 

He was definitely used there when he was at Oxford before he got his move to Boro. 

I'm not sure where he's been playing for Wednesday these days. Transfermarkt seems to have him as a left mid.

1967813234_ScreenShot2022-10-19at14_21_23.thumb.png.a10b2faba4c4f380bc51baabf6e5588d.png

I clocked this on Oxford's forum a while back. It's suggesting that they had 'actively encouraged' him to chuck his toys out the pram.

88420616_ScreenShot2022-10-19at14_24_33.thumb.png.b6a9bef298f340417107174ef8f75d55.png

That was a laugh - Marvin Johnson is being held for ransom at Motherwell by club's inflated valuation claims agent

A gun to his head so to speak.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Reidy said:

Did we not have George Newell (Mikes son) round about the same time as Connor Ripley? 

We did.

I’m also convinced that Joe Newall at Hibs just hasn’t quite worked out that his real dad is Mike Newall. When he joined Hibs I just assumed he was George’s brother. 

40 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, Samson over Chapman.

Samson was humpty, but he actually made saves occasionally. Chapman looked like he didn't realise he had hands.

Surely his hands were tied behind his back against Hamilton, did he not try to use his knee to save a low shot?

Aye, Samson over Chapman.
Samson was humpty, but he actually made saves occasionally. Chapman looked like he didn't realise he had hands.
He looked so surprised every time he managed to stop the ball, not so much in the "can't believe I saved that" way, and more in the Sam Beckett quantum leaping into a goalkeeper right after leaping out of a fighter jet "oh boy" kind of way.

6 hours ago, Swello said:

Is there a point where having really low expectations for a game tips into "we might just do it when no-one expects it"? Asking for a friend.

I've almost finished my feierabend bier on the train home - that point might come not with the second during dinner but the third just after.

I'll enjoy it when it comes because it'll be the highlight of the night, we're going to get pumped.

I think the saddest thing about our record against the Old Firm is in my mind it's effectively a free week now where I just don't care any more. At least in the old days you turned up with the wee buzz of an upset in the air.

On the bright side it makes getting over it a right dawdle, I'd moved on from this before the net stopped moving at the second goal.

Saturday a biggie right enough though. Lose that one and were under massive pressure.