Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I started to write out a 'mildy irritated' post against parts of KVV's play last night, because I found myself a bit peeved with his performance up until the last goal went in.   The choice to shoot from an insanely acute angle started it, of course, but he fluffed his lines at other times too, I think.

But then I deleted it, because it seemed a bit petty when a player scores a hat-trick with a great pen, great positioning for the tap-in, then topped off with such a magnificent finish.

I must be getting perilously close to 'yer da' in my old age... or did anyone else feel the same?

Slashing the ball over from Shields’ back heel was the one that annoyed me, a bit like his balloon on Saturday with Hart on the ground.

There may have been a defender blocking him but he should have registered a shot on target.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

His mam got ill and died. That's why he was out so I assume it's related to that. He's had a hard time and wanted to get back to it Hammy said.

Offfftttt that’s a sickener.

Been there myself. Evident why the team to a man surrounded him.

Also adds a bit more to Alexander using him sparingly from November on. Seems the fallout had some merit. Cringe as f**k behaviour with no defence as indicated by his brief.

Going forward:

Be interesting to see how Hammy sets up the forward line going forward. He’s stuck by Efford and while one swallow doesn’t make a summer maybe he’s on to get repaid.

Louis you think is a perfect foil for Van Veen and Kev is more inclined to take a scolding off him for not passing than any of the kids.

So does he start with Shields as he has or introduce him late when the pace may be more telling? Like the guy but don’t trust him to finish his dinner let alone a 6 yard tap in.

Edited by Kapowzer

33 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

... but with possibly some extenuating circumstances. 
It seems the club are behind him (given the post-match tweets), without condoning the actual bad behaviour, of course.   

I dunno if you get a free homophobia pass due to circumstances.

35 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

I dunno if you get a free homophobia pass due to circumstances.

No, not something that sits well with me either.

However...  I lost my mum at a young age, and it affected me badly too. I went off the rails at work.   No aggro when I was out on the bevvy or anything like that, but I can sort of empathise that he may have gone 'awry'.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

One touch passing...fucking backheels! Bar Penney this is the same group of players Alexander had for Sligo.

giphy.gif

Sol’s shroo ball which led to the Shields back heel and KVV miss was top drawer too.