Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Genuinely worried about the CB position. Letting Ojala go and not replacing will b a dereliction of duty. Unless as I said earlier we will keep looking at those not under contract. A striker is also a must. So I assume this one player falls into one of those two categories. 

We've got Lamie, Johansen, Mugabe, McGinn, McGinley and probably a few youth players who can all play centreback. In an ideal world I'd probably want someone to come in and slot in as first choice next to Lamie but I think numbers wise we're pretty fully back there.

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Genuinely worried about the CB position. Letting Ojala go and not replacing will b a dereliction of duty. Unless as I said earlier we will keep looking at those not under contract. A striker is also a must. So I assume this one player falls into one of those two categories. 

A player who hasn’t featured at all this season?

I’ve advocated one or two purchases here to push Sol and to a lesser extent Lamie to being cover rather than starters but it’s not fair to say dereliction of duty.

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

A player who hasn’t featured at all this season?

I’ve advocated one or two purchases here to push Sol and to a lesser extent Lamie to being cover rather than starters but it’s not fair to say dereliction of duty.

Had anyone seen the goals we have conceded lately. 

We all agreed when Alexander said the defence was not good enough last season. And now we have lost one CB, albeit one that was not likely to feature. Does not augur well unless you believe Hammy has the Midas touch and can get them to perform to a higher and more consistent level. 

Regardless of who we sign tonight - Ojala was not featuring, looked unable to play regularly and (I assume given his age and status) would have been amongst our top earners. Mutual-ing him is just good business sense and will no doubt give us the ability to up the offers for players that are currently holding out on us looking for more money....

On Centre Halfs - I do think we need a first choice type of player in there. An injury to Lamie would be an absolute nightmare for us because as much as I  want and love to see both Sol and Bevis do well, that isn't really a sustainable pairing given the fine margins in the league.

25 minutes ago, Swello said:

Regardless of who we sign tonight - Ojala was not featuring, looked unable to play regularly and (I assume given his age and status) would have been amongst our top earners. Mutual-ing him is just good business sense and will no doubt give us the ability to up the offers for players that are currently holding out on us looking for more money....

On Centre Halfs - I do think we need a first choice type of player in there. An injury to Lamie would be an absolute nightmare for us because as much as I  want and love to see both Sol and Bevis do well, that isn't really a sustainable pairing given the fine margins in the league.

Thanks Swello. What I have been saying all along. A greenie for you…an argument for me……the world is topsy turvy 🤔

Just now, capt_oats said:

:lol:

That account has 1 follower.

Yeah. Been refreshing everywhere to see if we are going to sign someone. Just people potentailly going out.

Would make sense though since we signed the English lad and he's been out bench keeper since.

24 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Looks like Scott Fox might be off to Exeter as well (just a 1 years deal).

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

That account has 1 follower.

Bet you guys have extensive knowledge of American abstract expressionism 

Edited by mwellhighland

10 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

If we win every game 4-3 from now till the end of season securing both cups and a European spot you'd still get mouth frothers screaming for Hammell to fix the defence . 

Cool. So you think our central defence is good and that we have cover ?

2 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Just wait until McGinley rises salmon-like to bullet home the header that secures top six status this year.

No bother.

saw him after the game coming out the cooper hospitality along with Jake Carroll who was on the crutches after his op. McGinley certainly looks fit enough and no obvious injury, he had no trouble walking about. I wonder what his injury actually is?

Edited by Well Well