26 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Stevie Hammell signing policy.

Do you have previous experience of working at Motherwell

What are these colours?

Orange and Maroon? -off you trot

Claret and Amber? - in you come

Edited by ropy

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's always a scunner drawing the Old Firm but I think- save somehow getting to the final and avoiding them altogether- I'd rather get them at home, in the quarters than any other time. 

I'll be honest. I've had my fill of trudging out of Hampden after a loss to Celtic.

Said on twitter anaw but there must be years where we haven't had 4 pens all season but we've had them in about 8 games at this point.

Edited by Busta Nut

We’ll get more penalties as well the way we’re playing - taking the ball to the byline cutting it in is a dangerous space for opposition. Felt we could’ve had one more pen tonight through a handball in the second half. Also Ross Tierney being brought down could’ve been a foul outside the box, last man as well, but didn’t have a good look at the tackle due to folk jumping up as they thought he’d net it. 

There was lots to like about that game, the tactic of lumping balls at Tierney seemed to be effective and I was gutted that he never scored his header.  4 debuts including a very accomplished performance at left back.

Putting early balls into the box with a retreating defence is always going to result in goals, own goals or corners.  More of this please.

My concern is that in a comfortable 4 goal victory we only really scored once from open play, we created many more opportunities.  We need to be more clinical.  ICT offered very little, other teams will be harder to breakdown.

Overall happy though.

That was as dominant a performance as I've seen in years. I thought we were excellent, played some really nice football. I suspect ICT were as shite as we were good, but that shouldnt take away from what should hopefully be a good confidence booster for some of the fringe players. Tierney in particular was outstanding. 

I share @ropy's thoughts about only scoring once from open play. This streak of penalties won't last forever. I'm hoping Aaron's and McInstry will help solve this potential problem.  

Even getting the most boring draw possible for the next round isn't going to waste the fact that I had an actual really entertaining night at the football - we would have had 3 centre halfs on after 20 minutes tonight and shut up shop under GA.

Loved the fact that every player was (perhaps unsurprisingly) desperate for the ball and there was lots of good movement. Team looked more balanced with an actual left back and I loved seeing McKinstry and Miller getting their debuts in perfect circumstances.

ICT were abysmal mind you - maybe our most one-sided game of the last few years.