Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Abso-bloody-lutely, but the thought of him getting crumpled by some hammer-thrower less-talented centre-back in the first match and then having him on a physio's bench for the rest of the season would be an absolute nightmare all round

More worried about Mugabi/Lamie/Solholm doing that in training to him...

12 minutes ago, eliphas said:

More worried about Mugabi/Lamie/Solholm doing that in training to him...

Whilst the chat is about Moult returning. I am 50/50 on it btw. 50% - Just having him in the building would be a huge boost, but the other 50% like everyone else he would have to contribute and over the whole season which given his injury record is very unlikely. 

I am still worried about the lack of additions in central defence. The 2nd goal on Saturday goes a long way to explaining why I would like to see  a couple of additions in this area. I accept one is more likely but none would be nothing short of abysmal.

Ojala looks out the picture and I assume the only reason he is still here is we have been unable to cut a deal to suit both parties.  That leaves 3 out and out CB. Apart from Lamie the other two are squad players imho. Both capable of their day but too many (of the same) mistakes again and again. We badly need an upgrade and starter in this important position. 

50 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Abso-bloody-lutely, but the thought of him getting crumpled by some hammer-thrower less-talented centre-back in the first match and then having him on a physio's bench for the rest of the season would be an absolute nightmare all round.

Tbf, this is true of basically anyone we bring in. Just a little more painful.

The more I think about it, the more I assume we're just getting through this season in one piece. If Hammell is the longer term guy, they seem to rate the youth coming through, so this season is a "git er done", make do with loans and Moult on a year's deal as cover makes sense... ish.

16 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

10:59 on Thursday night, glued to Twitter all day and camping out in my car outside Fir Park, only to be witness to the return of Jermaine Hylton and Mikael Ndjoli.

I'd take Hylton back.

I'm totally fine with us having a feel good season where we finish 9th but blood a load of youth and hand the signing policy over to folk who reply to the club on Twitter demanding we bring back former players.

Penney can be excused as- short of making Hammell player/manager- we don't have any fan favourite LBs to call on.

31 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd take Hylton back.

Stuart Kettlewell signed Hyltonfor Ross County and never started him in the league. When Yogi played him, his form was flaky but on his day could rip a team. He was brilliant in a 4-1 at home to Aberdeen. I thought he deserved far more game time than he got. 

2 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

10:59 on Thursday night, glued to Twitter all day and camping out in my car outside Fir Park, only to be witness to the return of Jermaine Hylton and Mikael Ndjoli.

I'm in the exclusive club that seen Ndjoli play for us in the flesh. Same night folk were applauding Danny Johnson playing for the opposition and my head fell off my shoulders.

52 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm in the exclusive club that seen Ndjoli play for us in the flesh. Same night folk were applauding Danny Johnson playing for the opposition and my head fell off my shoulders.

If that was Dundee, which I'm certain it was. I'd put that down to everyone being on the beers since mid day for a 7.15 scottish cup kick off, on a Saturday. Which was a belter.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Danny Johnstone has 7 from 8 goals for Walsall including a hatrick against Paul Hartley's Hartlepool on opening day. Always thought he got not enough game time but certainly not enough to warrant a clap.

Always found Reynolds first game at FP after he signed for Aberdeen a red neck though. Local boy, academy graduate, left the club on good terms after being a good servant, made us money and moved down south and didn't return North to play for the OF or a lesser team. I don't know how what else he could have done and he got pelters from too many.

I wonder if Morris has been told directly he's not part of the plans or his agent has been pulled and asked discreetly if anyone else was in the mix when we got him.

It was mentioned many pages ago about transfer listing, that's not a thing any more other than on FM2022? Pretty much anyone is available from anyone for the right price.

Oh and Snoddy is a fly basturt, unless he signs and he's a cheeky monkey.

26 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Always found Reynolds first game at FP after he signed for Aberdeen a red neck though. Local boy, academy graduate, left the club on good terms after being a good servant, made us money and moved down south and didn't return North to play for the OF or a lesser team. I don't know how what else he could have done and he got pelters from too many.

Ginge.

Next question.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

My mate is one of those fans who finds absolutely anything to moan about when it comes to Motherwell.

Today's gem is that we didn't sign Nicky fucking Clark.

Nicky Clark apparently being available gave me the same fear I had when the Dundee ITK-ers were floating the idea that Danny Mullen was headed our way.