Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Spotted in club100 at the ABBA tribute night, Motherwells potential new signing with his agent.

Can play in a back 3 or as a proper no 6 and at times a target man who can hold the ball up. A proper versatile player.

Will be at Kilnarnock tomorrow to see what songs the Bois can come up with about him to convince him to sign

20220826_214011.jpg

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Annoyingly I think Joe Shaughnessy would be a really decent signing for us, but it's not exactly a position we be allocating any more budget towards right now.

Have you and I watched the same Joe Shaughnessy? 

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Annoyingly I think Joe Shaughnessy would be a really decent signing for us, but it's not exactly a position we be allocating any more budget towards right now.

I fully agree, and have always wanted big Joe to play for us on the basis of a) being consistently good, b) being a class laddie.

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Strange you should mention him, I've heard the same rumours about Aarons coming back.

Yeah, kinda why I saw @Swami post as the perfect opportunity to stick his name out there, heard a whisper that him returning was a good possibility. Doesn't seem to have done a great deal since he was here according to his wiki, but one I'd definitely like to see.

Edited by 'WellDel

The interview with Hammell that The Record published through the week had our priorities as a wide man, a striker, a full back and the unknown of waiting on a response from Snodgrass.

With just nine days left of the transfer window Hammell is still looking to add to his squad. A wide man, a full back and another striker are on the wishlist and the club is waiting to hear back from Robert Snodgrass after making the former Scotland star an offer.

Hammell said: “We have a fair few internationals here already which is a good thing for any team. I have said from the start we have good players in the building.

“We are trying to recruit new players but the improvement we have seen from the players who are already here is great. It has given me food for thought in terms of recruiting. We won’t spend the club’s money for the sake of it."

Link

We've got the full back in so it leaves a wide player and a striker.

We could do worse than the bold Rolando tbf. He'd fit into that profile of someone that we know what we're getting from them.

Going by Transfermarkt he's still at Huddersfield and is out of contract in the summer. It looks like Huddersfield have an option on another year but he seems to be miles out the picture. He only played once for them last season.

With Hammell talking about some of the younger players going out on loan to get games you could reasonably read that as Connelly, Johnston, Devine and maybe Mahon?

Take them out the squad and we're sat on:

GK: Kelly, Oxborough, Fox
DF: O'Donnell, Lamie, Mugabi, Ojala, Johansen, McGinn, Penney (loan)
MF: Maguire, Spittal, Slattery, Cornelius, Tierney, Goss
FW: Van Veen, Efford, McKinstry (loan), Morris, Shields

Injured: Carroll, McGinley

Total available = 21

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Yeah, kinda why I saw @Swami post as the perfect opportunity to stick his name out there, heard a whisper that him returning was a good possibility. Doesn't seem to have done a great deal since he was here according to his wiki, but one I'd definitely like to see.

It would be another internationalist to add to the squad, if he wants to be here then bring him in.

If McKinstry gets a run of games I would expect U21 caps to follow.

Edited by ropy