Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

36 minutes ago, weemac said:

I’m sure you’d be able to trace it back 

The Arran Bone’s connected to the James Bone, 
The James Bone’s connected to the Dave Bone etc etc

I'd greeny that if I hadn't heard it 962 times.

Edit - Definitely a jelly tot. As above, surely everyone throws the cherries away?

Edited by Al B

20 minutes ago, Al B said:

I'd greeny that if I hadn't heard it 962 times.

Edit - Definitely a jelly tot. As above, surely everyone throws the cherries away?

I thought you might have heard it a few times to be fair but like a Tourette’s sufferer trying to hold in a swearword, I couldn’t stop it

12 hours ago, Alanos said:

I’d love to see us try 3 centre backs with Lamie, ? & McGinn, with O’Donnell at right wing back.

just need a left back / left wing back. Sure I read somewhere that Johnston can play that role.

Looking at the squad this is pretty much where I am. It feels like it's actually built for a back 3, we had half decent results playing a back 3 at the end of last season so it was wild to see us just double down with exactly the same Alexanderball against Sligo.

Allowing for Carroll and McGinley being injured for the foreseeable we definitely need a LB/LWB and I'd be inclined to see if Crypto Joe can't find fame and fortune at another club but broadly I'd say we're 3 definite starters short with maybe another 2 to add on top of that. Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I'd say the bulk of that's do-able with 3 weeks left of the window (assuming we've not been sat on our hands for the past month).

If I'm drawing up a shopping list it'd be a CF, LB/LWB, CB, midfielder and a winger.

lineup.png.9cd67db6cd6f80d626ed871f3b3481a6.png

Edited by capt_oats

23 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Is that a hint at ITK stuff? 
I mean, I don’t like him, but it could work ……

Oh jings, I'm as far away from ITK as you can get. I usually go to games myself, that's how unconnected I am...

Just a thought this morning that he's rarely mentioned when vacancies come despite not being that long out of management and still a high profile figure in Scottish football. I know he's doing the full time advisor role at Brechin but I'm surprised his name hasn't been chucked in at some point. Thought I'd rectify that. 

23 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Highly unlikeable but probably still a better manager than most of the names kicking about.

A career with more misses than hits, and I think his last stint at Hearts really damaged his reputation. 

As for unlikeable, I'm the opposite. I think he's a good listen when doing media shit and he can be very funny at times. 

Definitely jeiiy tot. 

How do you eat yours? I'm an eat round the jelly tot till that's all that's left kind of guy. The missus eats the tot first then the rest of the biscuit. Obviously we're totally unsuited for each other ......we manage.

These were originally called German biscuits before WW1 led to a patriotic name change.

Hammell and Simo both have a bit of romantic/exotic appeal but I'm starting to warm to the idea of a Craig Brown/McGhee 2.0 type appointment. I don't think either St Mirren or St Johnstone are as poor as the consensus makes them out to be, so I'm not really sure we have the time to let SH learn the ropes, or faff about with Valakari's compo/visa issues, while also allowing him a period to get to know the league and overhaul the playing style.

I'm not sure who actually fits this profile but somebody who has their ear close enough to the ground to come into the job knowing about the squad and what we need, while also having some sort of managerial experience that Hammell lacks would be ideal.

I suppose I'll only have myself to blame when the other two names are revealed to be Levein and John Hughes.

Jelly tot first (absolutely howling at a grown adult calling it a joob joob, btw!).  Then I separate the top and bottom parts of the biscuit.  Eat the bottom (non-iced) part first, then finish off with the iced top half.

Could fair go a couple right now. The ones from the Lidl bakery are belters.