Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Don't know anything about compo or agreements. All I know is he is done and won't manage the club again.

And no idea who is going to be in charge for Sunday either

Yeah that's a point. Who has the experience to take the first team game on sunday who is still here? I would expect the assistant manager will go with GA

ITK sources have told me it is done. Alexander is out. Will be confirmed either tonight or tomorrow.
No idea why there is a delay.

Have you not said this before JMG or am I imagining it and nothing came of it ?

Not having a go just a query…..

3 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Yeah that's a point. Who has the experience to take the first team game on sunday who is still here? I would expect the assistant manager will go with GA

If true then I can see it being Stevie Hammell. Somebody posted Lasley earlier (can't be arsed looking) but, even for Scottish football, it would be a step too far to use St. Mirren's COO as manager when playing them. Although I'm trying to work out if he played Dunne or Tait in defence whether it would improve us or make us worse.

22 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Don't know anything about compo or agreements. All I know is he is done and won't manage the club again.

And no idea who is going to be in charge for Sunday either

I'd be absolutely amazed if this is true. 

He's been allowed to make signings, backroom staff have gone, we've funded a training camp to Austria. If the board thought things were so bad that he was going to be judged two games then he should have been sacked at the end of the season. 

I just can't see him going now. 

Have you not said this before JMG or am I imagining it and nothing came of it ?

Not having a go just a query…..
I did hear the rumour that Alexander was possibly going late last season. I don't know if that board meeting happened or whether Burrows sorted everything. Alexander stayed and he made his coaching appointments in the summer.

I have no reason to doubt the person I heard it from and there was a lot of upset at the game last night. And Burrows was having a long chat with Alexander on their own at the airport.