Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

31 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was the second half any better? There's obviously been worse defensive performances- 5-1 to Dundee etc- but I'm struggling to remember us being as ineffective going forward as we were in the first half in a long long time. I could envisage us losing that game under Robinson but we'd at least fashioned a few chances through brute route one force at some point. 

I would say that the second half was marginally better in that we actually got near their box, but in reality its pretty negligible. 

18 minutes ago, CoF said:

I heard a rumour there's a board meeting late on today. Apparently he'll be gone by the morning and Slattery will step up as caretaker till they find a replacement. 

If only that was true.  They would be dancing in the Streets of Motherwell

I heard a rumour there's a board meeting late on today. Apparently he'll be gone by the morning and Slattery will step up as caretaker till they find a replacement. 
I heard the same one, but the meeting was this morning, and Nick Daws was asked to find a new manager from his fancy recruitment chat group, but that fell through when the board found out that it was Facebook marketplace. Now the media team have been called back to take pictures of Stuart McCall at the Aquatec.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I would say that the second half was marginally better in that we actually got near their box, but in reality its pretty negligible. 

Yep, but weirdly I thought we made more and more individual mistakes. To the point that the last twenty minutes were comically bad. 

The worst thing about all of this is Rangers fans are taking the moral high ground about co-efficient points yet they forget they were pumped out the Champions League last year. Not to mention the 5 years they didn't even contribute anything, but we won't go into that.

Easy for me to say but I'm sort of glad we miss out on Europe in a way because that would totally be StMirren last night. I can't even say ach we would have skooshed that. 

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The worst thing about all of this is Rangers fans are taking the moral high ground about co-efficient points yet they forget they were pumped out the Champions League last year. Not to mention the 5 years they didn't even contribute anything, but we won't go into that.

Easy for me to say but I'm sort of glad we miss out on Europe in a way because that would totally be StMirren last night. I can't even say ach we would have skooshed that. 

Nah, we only ever lost to former European Cup winners, former finalists, ECWC winners and, erm, Hammarby.

33 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

A poorly assembled squad coming off a European humiliation. I think Stuart failed this test last time.

Indeed. 

The last poorly assembled squad that suffered a European humiliation ended up in the play offs, and that team would comfortably piss all over this one.

On 28/07/2022 at 09:34, Neil86 said:

the very same question was put to the Rotherham Manager the other day, apparently they don't leave anyone up at corners. His response was 'show me your ten favourite goals that have come from defending a corner' 

He also said the more players you have in the box, the more congested it is, and therefore harder for the opposition to score which is absolutely fair enough. 

11 back/10 back, does the extra man really make it that more congested?

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

ITK sources have told me it is done. Alexander is out. Will be confirmed either tonight or tomorrow.

No idea why there is a delay.

Compo package still to be agreed?

32 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To 10 men, no less.

Not to mention arguably the worst European result in Scottish Football history a couple of seasons prior.