Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, AndyX said:

There has been some insulting pish in here about Irish football.

Also worth mentioning that if you go back 2 more fixtures, you get St Pats drawing at Celtic Park and Shelbourne being 3-0 up on Rangers.

Are Irish fitba fanboys going to just keep cherry-picking the handful of results they've had in Europe and ignoring all the bleachings, aye?

If only there was some sort of UEFA system that could weigh up all results in European competition to work out if the standard is any good or not.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2022

40 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The hearts boy that scored was released from Falkirk last year.  There’s every reason to think a result like tonight’s is totally unacceptable.

The tie wasn’t about the gap in standards or lack of for me.  Motherwell played absolutely shocking both legs.  That must be the most concerning thing. 

Doesn't change much, but they bought him from us IIRC; he was not just released.

Just now, AndyX said:

And not mentioning beating Maccabi Tel Aviv in Europa group stages.....   Talk of 'pub league' or 'farmers league' is really ignorant.

Ranked 39th - Kosovo

Ranked 40th - Southern Ireland

Ranked 41st - Armenia

You might want to take it up with UEFA for counting all of your farmers' league pumpings then. 

22 minutes ago, ropy said:

The abuse behind Alexander in his Radio Scotland interview was interesting, he was asked if he was ok to continue

where do I hear this?

36 minutes ago, Well Well said:

He has a contract until 2025 and I assume so does most of his backroom team....Very expensive pay off for the club that will leave nothing for a new manager to work with

As I understand it from what I was told by a WS board member back start of the year there's flexibility built into the extension Alexander and Lucketti got that leaves the club options. 

1 minute ago, eliphas said:

As I understand it from what I was told by a WS board member back start of the year there's flexibility built into the extension Alexander and Lucketti got that leaves the club options. 

Flao loves an insurance policy

Just now, Kapowzer said:

Not saying it was, but if you ever wanted to find an example of how players can down tools to ensure the gaffer gets the punt then it looks a lot like tonight.

It felt very, very like we're about to get an interview with Keith Lasley saying "the players feel terrible we've let the manager down", yes.

Just now, eliphas said:

Well I hope that's in the contract and legally binding. I would be surprised that anyone never mind GA would sign a contract that would not be in his favour rather than the clubs

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Are Irish fitba fanboys going to just keep cherry-picking the handful of results they've had in Europe and ignoring all the bleachings, aye?

If only there was some sort of UEFA system that could weigh up all results in European competition to work out if the standard is any good or not.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2022

Take out Rangers and Celtic points, and where would Scotland be?