Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Have to say, if there's any ray of light from this whole experience, it's this: I went to collect my mum and stepdad from Dublin Airport today, and they said that the Motherwell fans were incredibly well-behaved. A small group of them shouted 'Motherwell!' once as the plane took off, chatted quietly amongst themselves during the flight, then shouted 'Motherwell!' again as the plane landed. 

Top notch lads, those Steelmen. Respectful. 

You sure it wasn't Sligo they shouted?

42 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m not watching the game so can’t comment on Motherwell’s performance. But I’d say that the reaction in both legs from Scottish fans (i.e. “What an upset”) is a bit off. Sligo have been a good team for several years now, and are known for being a tricky team to play in Ireland. The disparity in quality levels between a team like Motherwell and one like Sligo isn’t that large 

Sligo are a mid table side in a pub league and have looked completely pish in both games.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Corrigan's not minced his words tonight on the commentary and you can't really argue with any of the stuff he's said. The only thing I have to add is Josh Morris looks absolutely honking.

He's a gibbering fuckwit of a man.

7 hours ago, Al B said:

The longest he'll be here is Christmas?

I mean, as wild a take as this might be, what if we're...y'know...decent, between now and Christmas?

Probably safe to disregard this scenario.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Corrigan's not minced his words tonight on the commentary and you can't really argue with any of the stuff he's said. The only thing I have to add is Josh Morris looks absolutely honking.

Yeah, he's called "Grezza" spot on here

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Sligo are a mid table side in a pub league and have looked completely pish in both games.

Worth noting that the last three times League of Ireland clubs played SPL teams in Europe, Bohemians knocked out Aberdeen (won at Pittodrie), Derry eliminated Gretna (also victorious away) and now Sligo have put out Motherwell (won at Fir Park).