Jump to content

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Well Well said:

I think that trial keeper has now gone. 

About to be signed on a permanent deal by all accounts, with Connelly heading back out on loan. 

Also KVV has signed a new deal as well apparently. 

Edited by Casagolda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm not unhappy with either of those bits of business tbh but if I were the new Motherwell media team I wouldn't be making a song and dance about them this week.

I hope the announcement picture is done on MS Paint now we've nae media folk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guessing the club see him as the immediate successor to Kelly, and are covering themselves in case someone comes in for the latter in the next couple of windows. Fair enough, but definitely not the signing news folk we're hoping for.

The KVV extension is fine, gives him time to get fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I probably like KVV more than most but I'm fairly meh about an extension. Hopefully the long term security/pay rise will lead to a more consistent return from him but I can only see his fitness problems getting worse from here on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I probably like KVV more than most but I'm fairly meh about an extension. Hopefully the long term security/pay rise will lead to a more consistent return from him but I can only see his fitness problems getting worse from here on.

If KVV gives us 11 goals like he did last season I'll be quite happy to be honest. Double figures for any Motherwell striker shouldn't be sniffed at. 

Not as many bookings and therefore missing daft games needs to be the improvement. Hopefully he's learned.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Guessing the club see him as the immediate successor to Kelly, and are covering themselves in case someone comes in for the latter in the next couple of windows. Fair enough, but definitely not the signing news folk we're hoping for.

The KVV extension is fine, gives him time to get fit.

I'd imagine the club are going to be actively trying to sell Kelly and Fox doesn't seem 'match fit' let's just say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I'd imagine the club are going to be actively trying to sell Kelly and Fox doesn't seem 'match fit' let's just say.

Correct ……… think that was always the plan. The new keeper has been in the Norwich academy since he was 14 and is highly thought of. He has played for England at U16, U17 and U19 levels. He got a bad injury 2 years ago and missed the whole season and spent last year on loan at Barnet. Considering he is competing with Tim Krull and Bryan Gunn can see why he wants to move on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've always suspected that KVV plays better when he's a bit riled up - so I'll put up with any chaos he causes...

Agreed. We need to plant a Well fan (wearing a Sligo strip) near the tunnel on Thursday to call him an ugly orange motherfucker or words to that effect. 

He did not look fit last week then neither did most of the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Van Veen is the wrong side of 30, injury prone, booking prone, inconsistent and often uninterested. 

However, it says it all that despite all of this, I dread to think where we’d be without him.

Knowing you c***s youd plop a 20 goal striker out your youth academy and sell him for £10m within 12 months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...