Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

We hold that record cheers. 

We should have some kind of World Cup of shite European results. Straight knockout format. Finally decide what the worst one of all time was

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

Mate you just lost to a mid-table Irish team. It doesn’t get much worse than that. 

I know, I was there. Just a genuine question in terms of budgets and resources between the two sides if our loss tonight, or your result against Progres was worse? Both very poor results, just wondering which you would consider further up the shocking result rankings.

That was as poor as it gets.

Maguire never looked for the ball once. I know it’s his first game but but it just won’t do. Slattery’s passing was a bit off but at least he was trying.

Shields was totally ineffective. Spittal kept ending up with the ball on his left foot and the moves broke down time and time again. Morris had decent enough build up play but his final ball was poor. KVV just wasn’t at it - who knows how fit he is.

Carroll had no one to pass to time and time again. McGinn has a good first touch an was probably the only positive of this evening. Lamie was ok but Bevis was back to bring a bomb scare. 

To be honest we were lucky it was only 1-0. Tierney must start next week as he’s the only footballer we have. 

Sligo defence never missed a header all night and we struggled to create anything at all, so what was Alexander's answer? Make a couple of subs and continue lofting aimless high balls ad nauseum. So predictable, so frustrating and so, so shite.

Watching his teams is fucking soul destroying and I know the season's yet to begin in earnest, but by f**k I know I'm going to hate it already.

Managed to acquire a ticket for the away leg earlier today, at least the bus trip over might be a laugh.

34 minutes ago, G51 said:

We should have some kind of World Cup of shite European results. Straight knockout format. Finally decide what the worst one of all time was

Hibs 0 Malmo 7 will take some beating. 

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Just like your performance tonight. 🤭

My team lost on penalties to Morton last night before getting charged with playing a player that we signed by mistake when he was suspended and have been handed a 3-0 loss.  Get your facts right :lol: