Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Some Red Hot Sligo Action

ETA - that Colts team played more attractive football in that one game than we saw in the 2nd half of last season :)

Edited by Swello

10 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I see your MyPa/Stjarnan ..... and I raise you an Albion Rovers

Ha, fair point, though tbf I was keeping this list of debacles to Europe. 

But I am - given we don't know our squad and I know nothing about either Bala or Sligo - alarmingly confident. I seriously hope the pros are not as complacent as me otherwise we're in bother...

14 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Bala play European ties at TNS' stadium apparently, seems a bit easier to get to.

So we'd have a trip to England to play a welsh team - that adds a bit of pleasing weirdness.

38 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Ideally you want Knock Airport for Sligo, think you can only fly there from England though.

EDI to NOC Thursday to Saturday, £42 on BudgetAir.co.uk, £46.50 on Ryanair's own website. €19.50 return on the bus which is just over an hour, 4 services a day from 10am, 2 hours apart. As you'd need two nights there and the prices are crazy I'm happier to go to Dublin.

Also car hire prices are cheaper originating in the North than the Republic.

Edited by Kapowzer

8 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

They’ve got to move it to Wrexham if we play in Wales, TNS will see us with only about 300-400 tickets.

They don't have to do anything just to accommodate us. TNS, Rhyl and their own grounds all see to be around the 3000 capacity but they're not going to keep their own fans happy by moving it too far.

15 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

They’ve got to move it to Wrexham if we play in Wales, TNS will see us with only about 300-400 tickets.

Why?  So I guess you believe we should move all our fans out of one of our stands at Fir Park when Rangers/Celtic come calling?  

They don't have to do anything just to accommodate us. TNS, Rhyl and their own grounds all see to be around the 3000 capacity but they're not going to keep their own fans happy by moving it too far.

The capacity at TNS will be capped to 1,000. I’m pretty sure UEFA competitions don’t allow for non-seated capacity, which is why it is to be moved in the first place.

Why?  So I guess you believe we should move all our fans out of one of our stands at Fir Park when Rangers/Celtic come calling?  

It was merely an observation rather than a demand, jeez [emoji849]