30 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Here's our group for tomorrow's draw

Group 6

Seeded

1 AZ (NED)

2 Molde (NOR)

3 Motherwell (SCO)

4 Brøndby (DEN)

5 Dunajská Streda (SVK) / Cliftonville (NIR)

Unseeded

6 Elfsborg (SWE)

7 Víkingur (FRO) / Europa (GIB)

8 Tre Penne (SMR) / Tuzla City (BIH)

9 Bala Town (WAL) / Sligo Rovers (IRL)

10 Pogoń Szczecin (POL) / KR Reykjavík (ISL)

I would be happy with any of those away games TBH - deepest Bosnia appeals to me, as does Gibraltar and San Marino. 

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

So with all but one of the potential draws being reliant on the outcome of an earlier match, does that mean we're likely to only find out our opponents a week before we play them?

Yep - only bit of travel booking happening today will be if we get Elfsborg

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That kit btw...

giphy.gif

Have to say I really like that new Motherwell kit. Reminds me of when I watched my first Hibs Motherwell game and Ally Mauchlen just ran around booting folk (probably some of his own team mates too) .

I'm on the fence on the new kit tbh.

Granted, I'm not really a fan of v-necks with collars generally (I get what they were going for here with the retro inspiration, it's just not for me) but the daft wee patterns coming off the edge of the central stripe makes it look cheap and the shorts don't really match up at all. Maybe it will grow on me.

The refreshed badge looks tidy though.

Despite there only being a 20% chance of us drawing them (Elfsborg) I've checked that Ryanair fly from Edinburgh to Gothenburg and price currently for a return is about £140. Same price as 4 pints. 

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Whatever Alexander is doing to Slattery is bordering on Stockholm Syndrome surely.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-midfielder-seeks-improvement-after-27212410?fs=e&s=cl

Saw that the other day and his interview is genuinely one of the most media trained things I've read. :lol:

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Have to say I really like that new Motherwell kit. Reminds me of when I watched my first Hibs Motherwell game and Ally Mauchlen just ran around booting folk (probably some of his own team mates too) .

Aye, the original is slightly before my time (my first game was December 86) so I've no associations with the players or the era itself but it's just a nice looking shirt IMO and the reveal was really well executed. Last season's shirt was fine if a bit bland so pivoting away to doing something different and it not being a shambles is a low key win.

It also gets the "Motherwelll strips MUST have a claret band and white shorts" types bent out of shape which is always a laugh.

The only thing that it loses points from me for is the detail on the edge of the central stripe @For Your Pies Only mentions above. I don't think it makes it look cheap or anything it just seems a bit unnecessary but it depends how noticeable it is on the actual physical product I guess. I'd have preferred just leaning entirely into the 'throwback' bit and having a straight copy.

Edited by capt_oats

Some interesting potential places to go from the draw today:

Elsfborg:

Elsborg.thumb.jpg.b55b0862af630afca8f8127ea8bf040a.jpg

Vikingur (love this):

vikingur.thumb.png.f8c0f272db6078a2fc4cfa8048087adb.png

Europa:

Europa.thumb.jpg.0e5aa9276a0916abc45bab6674833c9a.jpg

Tre Penne:

2069027521_SanMarino.thumb.jpg.e6486063d809f42413ad94b711e71d18.jpg

Tuzla City:

Tuzla.jpg.21e394cd2aaf884cd1747304da80c66d.jpg

Bala Town:

Bala.thumb.JPG.d276e14f70745d2b4b6759de52c7fa97.JPG

Sligo:

Sligo.thumb.jpg.c39942ca6f433d760e988cc401a00089.jpg

Pogoń Szczecin (seem to be rebuilding their ground):

pogon.thumb.jpg.8061efa23b427afa108159574a9c8edb.jpg

KR Reykjavik: 

Rejky.png.3d119583e0d9a970626adb3324d90e57.png

Based on stadiums as a measure of difficulty, we want to avoid Sweden and Poland :)

44 minutes ago, tonicg said:

Despite there only being a 20% chance of us drawing them (Elfsborg) I've checked that Ryanair fly from Edinburgh to Gothenburg and price currently for a return is about £140. Same price as 4 pints. 

checked flight prices myself as well, outside the welsh and irish teams, a jaunt to sweden seems the cheapest option. Iceland, Bosnia and Faroes I suspect will be at the top end of the scale in terms of price, with Faroes and Bosnia being a bit more awkward to get to, doesn't seem to be any direct fights.