Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Season ticket purchased for the new season. Will have more time to watch games this season as I retire in a few weeks. Fortunate enough to be able to retire a few years early. Can't wait for the new season.
Does anyone know if this just gets added to the current season book plastic card?

36 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Season ticket purchased for the new season. Will have more time to watch games this season as I retire in a few weeks. Fortunate enough to be able to retire a few years early. Can't wait for the new season.
Does anyone know if this just gets added to the current season book plastic card?

That is my expectation 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Slattery is the poster boy for my latest update.

Doesn't look great initially, but if you compare him to the squad average (hatched areas) then you see how important/good he is.

Reveal hidden contents

slatts.thumb.png.35b8bd0dbda037ec6fcd5eea05d61e37.png

Mentioned the other week but Greg Marshall had posted numbers for Slattery.

Looking at the season as a whole it's clear we're a far better team with him in the side than not. The period where Donnelly got a run of games in his place really just highlighted that on a very basic level in terms of results. Although, the shout in the mentions of "Cannot believe he sat on our bench for most of this season" is wildly off the mark - he started 27 of 38 league games, was subbed on in 4 and was suspended for 1 game - he played the 6th most amount of minutes in our squad behind Kelly, O'Donnell, Mugabi, Van Veen and Woolery.

I think it might have been @YassinMoutaouakil who posted on Steelmen saying it was wild that people didn't seem to rate Slattery, which I agree with - it's mental but the fact that, as @thisGRAEME pointed out, he seems to be a player who's very good at everything without having one exceptional quality probably explains a lot as to why people who perhaps don't pay attention manage to miss the fact that he's actually really good.

Incidentally, as an aside, for the general thread I noticed a RT of a radar for KVV on the bold Greg's TL as well.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Renewed mine yesterday and the girl in the office confirmed it will get added to my card . Bizarrely tho my 2 boys will be getting new cards sent out apparently. 

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Renewed mine yesterday and the girl in the office confirmed it will get added to my card . Bizarrely tho my 2 boys will be getting new cards sent out apparently. 

That matches my experience, new junior card arrived the next day 

I know everyone loves to praise your lot for your apparently amazing social media content, but someone needs to take Laura Brannan's phone aff her.

A rocket of the highest order who's constant shitey views reflect quite badly on the club, and go against quite a lot of the good work you do. 

Edited by Nadroj

22 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I know everyone loves to praise your lot for your apparently amazing social media content, but someone needs to take Laura Brannan's phone aff her.

A rocket of the highest order who's constant shitey views reflect quite badly on the club, and go against quite a lot of the good work you do. 

Hopefully her boyfriend gets her a job alongside him down south and she fucks off.  Wherever Grant ends up, she seems to follow...

I quite enjoy when she posts on social media.  I don't follow her on any of the platforms, it's just the fun part I see when everyone replies or quote tweets absolutely powering her.  

"A rocket of the highest order" is a superb summary, sir.

6 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'm guessing it's about "Have we now reached the stage we have to say player of the match to avoid offending people"

You'd think a woman commenting on gender equality would be cut some slack but, as J K Rowling found out, the ability to menstruate counts for very little on social media these days. If anything, it's an actual disadvantage.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan
What, trolling? ME?

In fairness, I think most people separate her personal opinions from the work she does for the club. I don't think anyone holds back applauding Kelly's wonder-saves because he has some views which might not tally with the common consensus.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion...personally I decided hers weren't worth following after her comments about being 'heart-broken' at not being able to attend Scotland games mid-pandemic. 

I muted her ages ago but while there's clearly space for the "views are my own" caveat I'm surprised no one's had a word or just broadly had some sort of intervention tbh.

Also, agree with @Handsome_Devil's post I think most can separate the fact that she's clearly very good at her job as a content producer from her mile oot personal views but still...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

I was expecting worse, but reading a room seems to be a rare skill thesedays.

The retweet grasses clutching their pearls because an employee has an opinion can f**k off though. Like they keep a list of the social interactions of everyone at their own club.

People have far too much time on their hands to be following club employees let alone club employees of clubs they don't even support!

Well glad I decided to exit the Facebook, Twitter, Insta world a while ago. It's much nicer out here