Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I've been lucky enough to have been on a few European trips. If you get the chance and have the available funds (appreciate every c**t is tightening their belts right now) then jump at the chance. It's fucking magical. The game itself always seems a bit bizarre, but the build up to the game, having a few beers in random town/city with 'Well fans dotted about is superb. 

My last trip was for Levante (I missed Athens as I moved house that week!) and since then I've been married and became a Dad. The little one isn't so little anymore so I did raise the prospect of a trip with the Mrs last night. It wasn't the "get yourself to absolute f**k" that I was expecting, so if it's not a team from the arse end of Azerbaijan, I might have a chance here, lads... 

I've also done a few but with life getting in the way I haven't made any since Athens. I'll really struggle if it's Q2 and out but I've basically informed the wife that if we have an August game which is remotely feasible to get to I'm going and she'll just need to deal with it...she's smart enough to call my bluff and say aye whatever now so we will see!

Can only recommend it for anyone who hasn't managed one before, unforgettable experiences.

I will be all over this. I missed Levante and Athens and with covid ruining the last 2 years I am determined to make up for lost time. Bring it on!

Cancel that, I’m on holiday on the q2 dates .

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Athens was just surreal. Despite being a massive city it felt like there were sunburnt c***s from Lanarkshire everywhere.

We found an open air hiphop night club. What a night.

About 5 of us literally just went on holiday for a week afore the fitba.

Edited by Busta Nut

Have it on good authority a number of players did not leave the building until 3am and were on the park with beers and the floodlights on for a kickabout.

That's the one's that didn't go onto the house party in honour of Las ..... that ended at 6am.

Yasssssssss

The fact that Athens was 10 years ago is why I am chomping at the bit to get on another Euro trip. I have been on 7 away trips since Mypa 47 nearly 30 years ago 😳. Make no mistake I would have been gutted had we missed out. 

I remember being similarly buzzing in 2013 when we then drew Krasnodar. So no guarantee of a decent draw. However I believe rounds 1 and 2 tend to be regionalised so if we finish 5th we should get a tie v Irish or Welsh side or similar. It would be good to get one tie v very winnable team (then so we’re Stjarnan 😫) and then one semi glamorous tie. Anything beyond that and it probably would be a bonus. Away Tickets may be an issue if it is a small ground. 

All in all it is just great to be able to spend the next few weeks chatting about and looking forward to European draws and experiences. 

I hope our long and successful campaign in Europe doesn’t detract from shithousing our way into the top 6 again next season.

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Have it on good authority a number of players did not leave the building until 3am and were on the park with beers and the floodlights on for a kickabout.

That's the one's that didn't go onto the house party in honour of Las ..... that ended at 6am.

Yasssssssss

That's fantastic to hear, you really love the thought of that.

5 hours ago, Desp said:

My last trip was for Levante

Massively underrated trip - great city and we played well against a team that were levels above us - what it's all about.

_LEVANTE.JPG