Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I've taken one for the team here and watched all 13 minutes of Alexander's press conference. 

Summary of main points discussed:-

Illness, belief, mentality, desire, belief, progress, composure, finishing the job, discipline, carrots and sticks, rolling with punches, fight, margins, ambition, dreams, chasing it, doing something about it, appetite, jealousy, opportunity. 

Hope folk find that informative 👍

Edited by CoF

24 minutes ago, CoF said:

I've taken one for the team here and watched all 13 minutes of Alexander's press conference. 

Summary of main points discussed:-

Illness, belief, mentality, desire, belief, progress, composure, finishing the job, discipline, carrots and sticks, rolling with punches, fight, margins, ambition, dreams, chasing it, doing something about it, appetite, jealousy, opportunity. 

Hope folk find that informative 👍

Desire, dreams, jealousy - I’ve seen these films 

7 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Bear in mind this is probably the worst thought I’ve ever had in my life but after watching Hylton and Seedorf tear up the league cup group stages, I had a genuine “we can challenge the OF for the league” moment.

We did finish 3rd that season tbf.

:lol: I don't think I got quite on board to that extent, but aye they two looked very exciting for a while. Add in Cole, Long and Gallagher being impressive signings, Donnelly turning into a goal a game player and Turnbull waiting in the wings and it did feel quite special. Seems weird to say about a Motherwell team that finished 3rd(ish) but it did feel like that team had the potential to do a wee bit more.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

On 04/05/2022 at 13:31, one m in Motherwell said:

Any recollection of who was in for the job before Robinson getting it permanently?

Just to jump back to this, I'd completely forgotten that there was also chat at the time that Owen Coyle had been our preferred candidate but it supposedly fell through (possibly because he'd recently been paid off by Blackburn).

Page 96 of this thread, also a reminder of Jim Duffy sticking his oar in about McGhee's sacking.

Edited by capt_oats

Ignore above ……

Carlsberg don’t do Saturday afternoons but if they did ….

• First away win since November
  • Clean sheet in what seems a long time
  • 2nd win in 2022
  • Dunfermline with Lawleff, Polworff and Thomas relegated

Shame @capt_oats doesn’t have Natalie in a hammock smoking a cigar …. In the meantime this will how to do.

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Someone with Twitter please bump the wee p***ks message from September.

On 01/05/2022 at 17:46, ropy said:

When we were winning games we just did enough, when it came to top six, we just did enough.  Could we do enough for Europe?

I suspect we may pick up some points in the next two games but County will beat United on the last day and it will all be for naught.

Still a concern 

Still a concern 

I was just about to type a post saying the same thing. Any less than 3 points against Hearts on Wednesday and I reckon we’ll miss out on the last day with County beating Dundee Utd to jump above us, maybe on GD.
Fingers crossed the jambos rotate a bit with the cup final in a few weeks.

17 minutes ago, dezz said:

I was just about to type a post saying the same thing. Any less than 3 points against Hearts on Wednesday and I reckon we’ll miss out on the last day with County beating Dundee Utd to jump above us, maybe on GD.
Fingers crossed the jambos rotate a bit with the cup final in a few weeks.

as it stands it's

United 44 - Rangers (a), Celtic (h) and County (a)
us 43 - Hearts (h) Celtic (a)
County 41 - Rangers (a) United (h)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

as it stands it's

United 44 - Rangers (a), Celtic (h) and County (a)
us 43 - Hearts (h) Celtic (a)
County 41 - Rangers (a) United (h)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 points vs Hearts would see us almost guaranteed 5th.

Utd would need 2 points from their OF games and County would need to beat Rangers and Utd.