Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Aye, it's KVV, Kelly or Bevis for me.

KVV haas produced moments of magic to win games more than once and at times been a joy to watch.

Kelly has saved us multiple times 

Bevis has just been, I think, pretty solid, played multiple positions and generally just a good egg 

Kelly as he has been consistent, saved more points than he cost us, not looked as imperious as he did before Christmas but who has?

KVV is hot or cold and for that reason can't be considered for me.

However I think most would agree the whole teams Brownie point total is deflated due to style and tactics they've been employed to do at times by Grezza.

Not awards we give out but Woolery may have been up for most improved player if he hadn't been sidelined in the last 6 weeks. & Slattery may have been up for the main award if he wasn't persona non grata from Xmas until recently.

Tony would have been a shoe in if he remained even if his scoring dropped off like it has with the Arabs.

I'd already chucked my vote in for Kelly before the Vote Nirrenold lobby started.

I mean, at the time of writing he's played every game and due to the way the squad has been managed he's the only player who actually has a full season as a body of work.

Had Slattery not dropped out the side he'd have been a decent shout, had KVV not been as patchy I'd happily have voted for him. Bevis is probably the only other candidate and even then he's had a pretty up and down season.

19 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The other thing is that I think it's actually fine as a standalone top, maybe not a Motherwell strip, but as a jersey it's alright. For me it's really only when you pair it with the shorts for that harlequin effect that it looks a bit daft.

The pairing never bothered me at all to be honest. At the time I thought we were just copying Blackburn Rovers because they'd just won the EPL wearing a similar kit, although looking back now I see they didn't do the shorts thing (and never have).

Weird to see the love for the fluorescent strip though... I'm sure I remember most people hating that at the time.

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What's the general thoughts on Kelly from the forum?

A good goalkeeper and possibly better suited to being captain than SOD but he's not the player the media team want to Jedi mind trick folk into thinking he is.

Lads, Lewis Irons can squeal about "world class" saves all he wants, it doesn't make it so (it's also very annoying to listen to).

Going by his TL I definitely wouldn't be going for a pint with him.

He has a nice dug though.

Edited by capt_oats

The pairing never bothered me at all to be honest. At the time I thought we were just copying Blackburn Rovers because they'd just won the EPL wearing a similar kit, although looking back now I see they didn't do the shorts thing (and never have).
Weird to see the love for the fluorescent strip though... I'm sure I remember most people hating that at the time.
Did the fluorescent strip not follow on from us playing Dortmund and there being an element of appreciation despite their return leg bawbaggery?

42 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What's the general thoughts on Kelly from the forum?

Still a good goalie though not at the heights of the loan spell.

Whether his six months Jan-May last year or this season is his true ability it's hard to tell...I certainly don't blame him for being a little hacked off with what he has in front of him.

Aye fair enough boys. I agree he is a good goalie/very good goalie for us. He's no where near world class though in my opinion.

Some amazing saves, often I think he could have done better at times.

I think any criticism of Kelly is pretty harsh.

I don't think he's the answer to Scotland's goalkeeping future, or capable of nailing a place down at a much higher level, but he is absolutely up there with, if not, the best goalkeeper Motherwell can attract.

You also have to remember that our tactics for a good part of the season have been just to allow the other team to have the ball. When you have to defend that so relentlessly, it's only human that a mistake comes in now and then.

Fortunately not on twitter, so I'm unable to see what mile out stuff he shares there.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye fair enough boys. I agree he is a good goalie/very good goalie for us. He's no where near world class though in my opinion.

Some amazing saves, often I think he could have done better at times.

He's below Gillespie, Carson, Ruddy and Randolph, for me. 

He's above Ripley and any others you may care to mention. 

His 'remarkable' saves don't outweigh some of his flaws - He isn't aggressive/decisive enough for me and his lack of stature is an issue.