Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

46 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Would you not prefer a Saturday anyway from a fan's perspective? Also means you get a longer rest between your next two games?

I don’t think there is any impact on our team, it would only be on hospitality packages booked and fans who have made arrangements that would now have to change at short notice.  Just an inconvenience rather than a problem.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I don’t think there is any impact on our team, it would only be on hospitality packages booked and fans who have made arrangements that would now have to change at short notice.  Just an inconvenience rather than a problem.

That's fair. I don't see why Well couldn't email out a poll to your season ticket holders and base their decision on the result that comes back.

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

They can only change it with both club's approval.

In that case we should hire Fir Park out to a face painting convention for Saturday afternoon, Rangers would have to buy out that contract and compensate the face painters to allow the game to be moved.

Why are Rangers upset? We’re doing them a favour, they pull out their best performances when they don’t have time to think too much.

Despite being 6th we still have a lot to play for and financial reward. Could understand if we were cut adrift but we’re not. 4th brings in what 250-300k in extra prize money and European football.

Ask yourselves, this current Rangers management and ownership, would they do us or anyone in the league a favour if it impacted them any way negatively?

However this is an issue of Sky’s making and should have been addressed way before fixtures released or Thursday at 10pm as what seems to be the case.

22 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I appreciate there's reasons for it but Scotland must be the only country which takes such great delight in refusing to help a side that suddenly does well in Europe.

To be clear I'd be all for helping out any club that wasn't Rangers or Celtic

14 hours ago, eliphas said:

Not strictly true. They might have more games but the Bundesliga is helping out.

Bundesliga have already moved planned fixtures games for their clubs involved in the UEL semi finals but they've done it after the first leg game to help them space put recovery  - Leipzig and Leverkusen play the Monday night rather than Sunday.

https://bulinews.com/news/12278/dfl-confirms-round-32-monday-fixtures-for-uel-semi-finalists-leipzig-and-frankfurt

Do you think Rangers would be happy if the potentially title-deciding Old Firm game was moved a day closer to their Europa League semi-final second leg?

11 hours ago, DMCs said:

That's fair. I don't see why Well couldn't email out a poll to your season ticket holders and base their decision on the result that comes back.

Did you call for a season ticket holders poll when you banned other clubs from attending Ibrox despite the rules being relaxed but cited bogus safety concerns therefore accommodating for your tin pot homemade flag unveiling?

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Do you think Rangers would be happy if the potentially title-deciding Old Firm game was moved a day closer to their Europa League semi-final second leg?

Probably not, but then what Rangers feel isn't really my concern.

I guess that's where I'm coming from really in all this. I just don't really care that much to be perfectly honest if it moves or not and I can't really be arsed with all the angst around it just because it's Rangers/one of the OF. 

Saturday noon kick off better than Sunday noon kick off as well in my opinion as it gives us our normal weekly schedule too ahead of Dundee Utd the following week. 

Edited by eliphas

10 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Did you call for a season ticket holders poll when you banned other clubs from attending Ibrox despite the rules being relaxed but cited bogus safety concerns therefore accommodating for your tin pot homemade flag unveiling?

It's up to you guys anyway. Seems that your board may have agreed to move it to the Saturday now. I'd assume that you would prefer they make that decision on the basis of what the majority of your support thinks rather than having your executives decide alone?

8 minutes ago, DMCs said:

It's up to you guys anyway. Seems that your board may have agreed to move it to the Saturday now. I'd assume that you would prefer they make that decision on the basis of what the majority of your support thinks rather than having your executives decide alone?

Nah, not for me. It's good for the fans to be consulted on major issues (VAR, the Rangers readmission to the league etc) but asking for day-to-day operational stuff is daft, you need to draw a line and leave the people in place to run things to get on with it. The football department and the board will decide on a position based on any potential advantage from playing Sunday versus the benefit of Rangers, um, 'covering our expenses', shall we say, for the switch and I'll trust them to get it right.

Much like others here changing the day of this game is nae hassle for me. I haven't made any plans.

However changing the fixture on 4 days notice when it isn't an emergency is fucking farcical.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Much like others here changing the day of this game is nae hassle for me. I haven't made any plans.

However changing the fixture on 4 days notice when it isn't an emergency is fucking farcical.

It might well be that's what blocks it, if the police say they can't provide suitable numbers having originally planned for the Sunday. The police presence for Rangers is always significant but you imagine after their recent behaviour they'll want to increase it even further.