Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, Desp said:

@kingjoey still carrying on with this patter at 9am on the Monday morning.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The only one that was targeted with bottles, bricks and darts, though.

@kingjoey still carrying on with this patter at nearly 2pm on the Monday afternoon.

Does anyone know if both BBC and Premier Sports pay the same for live game access, is there any benefit to us being on free telly over a pay channel? Are all revenues pulled and distributed between all 8 teams?

Obv the OF were going to be the first dibs from a commercial entity. And it goes without saying we'll get a wee bit extra over the halving of the gate but as all games are televised that is a given.

However all I care about at this stage is we give a good account of ourselves and Slattery gets a start.

46 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

12.30pm kick off on Sunday 13th March for the Scottish Cup Quarter final Against Hibs. Also on BBC One Scotland.

I’ll be over the Atlantic, anyone got any info on live football on BA?

His tenure ended in a bit of a dampner didn't it? Seemed to run out of steam?
Out of the candidates linked in the press he stands out.

I think it had all the hallmarks of him being burnt out by constantly having to overturn a squad combined with him making some poor signings / resignings resulted in what appeared to be a very bad dressing room. Players like Polworth, Long and his parting shot Lawless stand out to me.

He did a cracking job for many years but it definitely had gone stale.

Obika will be back with you in due course I’d imagine as well as a raft of players who can play across the back three….. be curious to see what happens with Tait and Dunne.

His tenure ended in a bit of a dampner didn't it? Seemed to run out of steam?
Out of the candidates linked in the press he stands out.

The football was never really great but a couple of solid years after McGhee and Baraclough were more than welcome.

It was the right decision for him to resign in the end, I’ll still maintain we’d have never finished 3rd (or maybe even top 6) in the previous season if it hadn’t been called early, we were woeful those last few weeks and it carried on when football returned.

Ultimately the players signed had absolutely no interest in playing for Motherwell and I think Robinson has even publicly acknowledged that he made a mistake on that front.

I still have mostly good memories of his time here, mainly beating Rangers 2-0 at Hampden.