Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

He’s been a very good centre back when called upon for the best part of a year now for us and our record with him in the team this season is very good.

However, you would have to question why he would want to sign a new deal as 4th choice centre half at the age of 28.

I just hope that if he goes in January, we can get a run of games injury free from Sol and Ojala. They’re probably our first choice and they’ve only played together twice.

8 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Ricki Lamie spent most of last season ruining my weekends (and some weeknights). He's improved no doubt but is still nothing more than decent for this level.

Not sure who Dundee's current defenders are but if Lamie represents an upgrade they must be pish.

52 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

He’s been a very good centre back when called upon for the best part of a year now for us and our record with him in the team this season is very good.

However, you would have to question why he would want to sign a new deal as 4th choice centre half at the age of 28.

I just hope that if he goes in January, we can get a run of games injury free from Sol and Ojala. They’re probably our first choice and they’ve only played together twice.

I'm more of the RonAldo opinion here to be honest.  

He definitely improved under GA and the GA system. But, for me, it's a jump to say he was a very good centre back when called on last 12 months. He was an able replacement I reckon.

Fully agree with crazylegsjoe on the final thought though. An injury free run of games at centre back would be ideal.

10 hours ago, Swello said:

Is it just me or is the number of transfers between top flight clubs a bit higher than normal at the moment? Maybe we're all finally priced out of the English bubble.

Lamie has really impressed me since the latter part of last season and I liked the fact he redeemed himself - but he was starting from a Zak Jules-level low bar to be fair. 

Looking forward to signing a Venezuelan playing in the Bhutan premier league as his replacement. 

Good spot. 

There’s umpteen ex-players lining up against bus this season.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Twice, eh? I knew it wasn’t many but 2 out of 22 league games is more than enough to suggest back up options will have plenty opportunity to play. 

It’s also nae use trying to build an established partnership when one of the other is constantly injured. 

There was a spell when you were waiting every game for the Lamie moment and hoping it didn't result in conceding a goal. He has definitely improved and was fairly dependable but hasn't been seen recently. Don't know if that's down to injury, Covid or just not being fancied.

What are the chances of Dundee giving us a nominal fee to take him off our hands?

10 hours ago, Swello said:

Is it just me or is the number of transfers between top flight clubs a bit higher than normal at the moment? Maybe we're all finally priced out of the English bubble.

Lamie has really impressed me since the latter part of last season and I liked the fact he redeemed himself - but he was starting from a Zak Jules-level low bar to be fair. 

Looking forward to signing a Venezuelan playing in the Bhutan premier league as his replacement. 

I had thought the same, or at least it feels like it's trending that way. The Watt to United transfer still seems weird because of the optics and everything around it but in and of itself Ricki Lamie to Dundee on a PCA doesn't seem that surprising (despite what a certain section of our support on social media might think).

What does seem new or at least different is the amount of PCAs that have been 'leaked' early and the leveraging a move early for a (nominal) fee.

Should he f**k off this window that will mean we've seen Carson and Watt to United, Lamie to Dundee, Crawford to Thistle and Lawless cut loose entirely (and end up at Dunfermline). Five players all ending up exclusively at Scottish clubs.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm actually quite interested to see how Lamie gets on tbh. Basically everyone played at Centre Back under Alexander has looked passable at worst, while Robinson's record was much flakier. Lamie feels like a lower Premiership, Upper Championship defender to me, but if he's able to maintain his 2021 form then Dundee have won a watch.

I'm not remotely arsed about losing him though tbh, personally just a player I've never taken to, and it's nice to draw a line under the Gallagher/Watt/Lamie trifecta.

Strong agree with that. In fact it's feels notable that the whole Pals of Declan group has pretty much been shut down.

That whole episode of Robinson trying to recreate a Livi side circa 2018/19 was quite weird eh?

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There was a spell when you were waiting every game for the Lamie moment and hoping it didn't result in conceding a goal. He has definitely improved and was fairly dependable but hasn't been seen recently. Don't know if that's down to injury, Covid or just not being fancied.

What are the chances of Dundee giving us a nominal fee to take him off our hands?

Burrows currently pushing for a roll n mince, a couple of pints and a free table for a couple of hrs at the snooker club  down the road before our next game at Dens, if he's to be allowed to move this window. 

Wiggle room on table payment I believe, but the mince roll is non-negotiable. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I had thought the same, or at least it feels like it's trending that way. The Watt to United transfer still seems weird because of the optics and everything around it but in and of itself Ricki Lamie to Dundee on a PCA doesn't seem that surprising (despite what a certain section of our support on social media might think).

What does seem new or at least different is the amount of PCAs that have been 'leaked' early and the leveraging a move early for a (nominal) fee.

Should he f**k off this window that will mean we've seen Carson and Watt to United, Lamie to Dundee, Crawford to Thistle and Lawless cut loose entirely (and end up at Dunfermline). Five players all ending up exclusively at Scottish clubs.

Strong agree with that. In fact it's feels notable that the whole Pals of Declan group has pretty much been shut down.

That whole episode of Robinson trying to recreate a Livi side circa 2018/19 was quite weird eh?

The fixation with Livi players has gone, it is their strip we have latched on to this season.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That seems to be what Dundee would like to happen.

Burrows currently pushing for a roll n mince, a couple of pints and a free table for a couple of hrs at the snooker club  down the road before our next game at Dens, if he's to be allowed to move this window. 
Wiggle room on table payment I believe, but the mince roll is non-negotiable. 
He drives a hard bargain.

Never tried a roll and mince but partial to a roll with scotch pie and brown sauce. Crispy roll obviously.

12 hours ago, Swello said:

A post on Steelmen yesterday read:

A just-about conceivable team could be: Kelly (Scotland), Mugabi (Uganda), Ojala (Finland), Solholm (Norway), McGinley (England), Nirennold (France), Donnelly (Northern Ireland), Slattery (England), Tierney (Republic of Ireland), Van Veen (Netherlands), Efford (USA) 

I wasn't comfortable with a World All Stars eleven that included two English players, or indeed any eleven that included McGinley, so a cultured-yet-brutal South American defender would certainly tick all the boxes.

59 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

A post on Steelmen yesterday read:

I wasn't comfortable with a World All Stars eleven that included two English players, or indeed any eleven that included McGinley, so a cultured-yet-brutal South American defender would certainly tick all the boxes.

Sean Goss is technically German…..