Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Announced a couple of days ago but that's Andy Rose retired at 31.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYufXaOvhti/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He's taken up a role as assistant coach at Seattle Sounders.

Immediately pencilling him in above Simo for the next vacancy.

Bring him home.

Seems a young age for him to retire. I don't remember him being injury prone or anything like that.

I loved Andy Rose and will fight anyone who says he isn't one of the most underrated players ever to play for us (certainly in my 20+ years as a fan).

30 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Seems a young age for him to retire. I don't remember him being injury prone or anything like that.

I loved Andy Rose and will fight anyone who says he isn't one of the most underrated players ever to play for us (certainly in my 20+ years as a fan).

Chris Porter for me... 

36 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Does he not have diabetes or some other long term condition? 

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

Does he not have diabetes or some other long term condition? 

Aye it's mentioned in the news story the Sounders put up.

Rose was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 26 and launched Type 1 United at the start of 2020 while playing for Whitecaps FC. The community initiative, in partnership with Diabetes Canada, connects with T1D children and their family.

Link

13 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Alan Forrest to St Johnstone will be an interesting parallel to our situation with Watt and United, depending on if a deal happens and how much money Livi end up getting.

This window feels absolutely nuts in terms of teams trying to chuck some money around.

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This window feels absolutely nuts in terms of teams trying to chuck some money around.

I doubt we'll go to 6 figures for Forrest tbh, or Rudden.

Deas was different was he's got a long deal.

36 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Funded by the ScotGov loans in St Johnstone's case, I suspect.

Random Guy will come on with a well thought and structured retort to prove u r wrong.

Tree House Tam Will call u a CNUT and threaten to batter your head in….

Drama Popcorn GIF by Alexander IRL

In all seriousness we seemingly have approaching £5m sitting in the bank before you add in the government money.

I hope we get properly desperate in the end and start launching mega bids all over the shop.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I stand with Desp. A wonderful player.

Add me to that list. Porter was (for a centre forward) a really undemonstrative player - just quietly went about his business and he got shots on target more than other other 'Well striker I've seen.

Chris Porter for me... 
Was Porter underrated? I seem to remember everyone loving him (quite rightly).

Edited to add, totally agree on Andy Rose. I thought he was a cracking player who just went about his business with little fuss. Spoke so well when interviewed too.

33 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Was Porter underrated? I seem to remember everyone loving him (quite rightly).

No, it's a play on a few folk on twitter who seemed to hit out with this patter every time he (possibly still) scored in England.

He was fucking great, everyone knew it and everyone loved him.

No, it's a play on a few folk on twitter who seemed to hit out with this patter every time he (possibly still) scored in England.

Ah, cheers. I must have missed that top class patter.

Andy Rose was one of those players who most fans seemed to be not keen on but when you took him out the team the difference was incredible. As busta says, he’d have been brilliant in this current system.

In terms of mental bids, did St Johnstone not try some incredibly low ball bid for one of our players a couple of years ago? Not quite as bad as Accies offering 50k or whatever it was for Jamie Murphy back in the day.

In all seriousness we seemingly have approaching £5m sitting in the bank before you add in the government money.
I hope we get properly desperate in the end and start launching mega bids all over the shop.
Really? Why are you not spending more throughout the squad never mind the odd player who doesn't seem much better than what you already have?

And yes, Porter wasn't under-rated. At least, not by Motherwell fans.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

:lol: I was waiting on you turning up to explain it. A favourite of yours. 

But aye, there was a boy on Twitter who, on about six different occasions over a three year period, kept popping up to say Chris Porter was underrated. 

Which he wasn't, by anyone. He was brilliant, and him scoring his first goal with his arse v Gretna at Fir Park is a happy memory. 

Also, until we score the winner in a Scottish Cup Final, I don't think I'll celebrate a goal as much as I did when he scored that equaliser in the cup tie at Tynecastle.