Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

Whats the script with Slattery  Carroll? Is he nursing an injury?  

I fail to believe anyone can look at our midfield options Nathan McGinley and decide Slattery anyone else isn't in the best three one. 

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was coming on to say similar. I get not wanting to change a winning team or whatever but Slattery is better than Donnelly or Maguire by several orders of magnitude and it isn't really up for debate IMO.

🤣🤣🤣

Often I wonder what life would have been like if I had skill, composure, ability, poise and speed and became a professional footballer. The lifestyle, camaraderie, remuneration (if you're good) and the opportunities are all aspirational.

Then those thoughts are tempered with being on a bus for 4 hours down the A9 tonight with his seethe and rage down the front:

25 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Often I wonder what life would have been like if I had skill, composure, ability, poise and speed and became a professional footballer. The lifestyle, camaraderie, remuneration (if you're good) and the opportunities are all aspirational.

Then those thoughts are tempered with being on a bus for 4 hours down the A9 tonight with his seethe and rage down the front:

Would the Wimpy still have been open before the bus left though?

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

That's absolutely beautiful 😂

During the game I was thinking 1-1 wouldn’t be the worst result, a point on the road, continue a bit of form from before the break, cast away the cobwebs after 3 weeks of inactivity, get a good run out before the Morton game.

A pipedream.

19 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm still fuming after last night. I'd be quite happy if Nathan McGinley never played for us again.

So would most of us but he starts every week. He has the odd good game, but I have remarked before and will again he has the body of a vegan teenager (no offence). My dog could take the ball off him and yet another defensive lapse leading to a goal against. 

So would most of us but he starts every week. He has the odd good game, but I have remarked before and will again he has the body of a vegan teenager (no offence). My dog could take the ball off him and yet another defensive lapse leading to a goal against. 

That could be the best description of him I've read [emoji23].

I honestly don't know what Carroll has to do to get a get. He's far better going forward, can take set pieces and is no worse defensively. I'm sure Carroll got a daft read card not long after Alexander took over and it's as though it's been hanging over him since.