Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

As @YassinMoutaouakil says he's in the background on the right of that shot.

He's also fairly noticeable in one of the other photos they posted.

FI7H2OLXMAMO974?format=jpg&name=large

Authorities will be clamping down on Barry for wearing a baselayer that's a different colour from his top.

Sure it was John Ruddy who the ref delayed the whole match for as he'd noticed when the teams lined up to kick off that his baselayer was a different colour, and ordered him back into the changing room to change it whilst everyone else stood about it formation waiting. Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Authorities will be clamping down on Barry for wearing a baselayer that's a different colour from his top.

Sure it was John Ruddy who the ref delayed the whole match for as he'd noticed when the teams lined up to kick off that his baselayer was a different colour, and ordered him back into the changing room to change it whilst everyone else stood about it formation waiting. Bizarre.

I didn't even know that was a thing! I guess I always just assumed that the lads were born with an innate sense for colours.

Thinking about it, I'd be quite happy if they introduced a similar rule for boots too. Pink is simply never going to go with claret & amber.

A ref in an amateur game I played in a few years ago delayed kick off because people in my team weren't wearing tape the same colour as their socks. Wouldn't start the game until all tape had been removed. Talk about a jobsworth!

I see the BBC gossip column this morning has Dundee United launching a six-figure sum bid for Watt once they sell that boy to Aston Villa. Hardly suprising. I would quite like to see him go in this window, I think it's for the best.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

I've no recollection of this but I can tell you the ref was Bobby Madden.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I see the BBC gossip column this morning has Dundee United launching a six-figure sum bid for Watt once they sell that boy to Aston Villa. Hardly suprising. I would quite like to see him go in this window, I think it's for the best.

This is the story, tbh United briefing Scott Burns through the whole thing has just been one massive eye roll.

Lads, it's not difficult. Pay us the money and you get the player.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is the story, tbh United briefing Scott Burns through the whole thing has just been one massive eye roll.

Lads, it's not difficult. Pay us the money and you get the player.

Yep - it's not been very subtle.

The issue is that if/when United get a bumper pay day from flogging their young player - 'Well will be less likely to accept a low-ball offer when they know that Utd have a massive warchest

For Utd to get Watt now then it really has to worth our while.

£200k + the difference of making the top 6 or not (non refundable even if we make it) + a wee bit more for Utd being dicks and conducting their business via the press. 

Edit: and he doesn’t get to play against us in any competition this season!

Sound reasonable? 😂 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

@YassinMoutaouakil seeing us all walk back on Sean Goss one by one. 

wedding brooklyn GIF

In all seriousness that's a good listen. The league cup was very shite but we emptied Lawless & Crawford out the club and it showed the limitations of folk like Grimshaw. Would agree that it's disappointing to miss out on a cup run but hopefully we take the Scottish seriously.