Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Neil86 said:

If we are allowed, is anyone planning on making the trip up to DIngwall on the 18th?

I'm going to head up and turn the following day into work related stuff to avoid the long drive down through the night.

I was going to go up and stay overnight but now need to be in Motherwell the following morning so the trip is off.

Aye, f**k driving back down the A9 after a midweek game in Dingwall.  I done it after we won 3-2 on a Tuesday night in the League Cup on our way to the final.

Never again.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Happy that Crawford is away. Realistically was the last pick in our midfield and was just clearly not good enough for this level. Definitely a decent championship level player incapable of making the jump

No harm to him but Crawford was a strange signing in the first place and his performances only added to that. He could never be accused of a lack of effort but was clearly nowhere near good enough for this level.

I'd imagine he'll be able to do a job in the Championship without ever being spectacular. Good luck to him.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I take it he did really, really well for you guys then?

He was brought in as cover after Donnelly picked up his injury last season and Robinson was apparently obsessed with signing players from Livi. He bounced around the squad from that point on.

My view is that he was tidy enough but @Gianfranco sums him up well in saying he's not the worst but doesn't really have any stand out qualities (certainly at Premiership level). I get the feeling he got his extension really because it was an easy deal to get done to give us a bit of continuity through the summer as we were changing up our recruitment and needed bodies in early doors.

From what I can tell he played his best football for McCall when he was at Ayr, so your manager knows what he's getting which is a plus point for you guys I'd say.

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

He lacked the physique and/or technical ability to impose himself on a game in the Premiership. 

I thought he was tidy enough moving the ball sideways but lacked anything above that. Always applied himself well though so goes with my best wishes.

Accurate summary.

Of course at least he did apply himself unlike another former midfielder now playing in the Championship

17 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

He lacked the physique and/or technical ability to impose himself on a game in the Premiership. 

I thought he was tidy enough moving the ball sideways but lacked anything above that. Always applied himself well though so goes with my best wishes.

Sums it up tbh.  Nowhere near the worst we have had or will have in future.  Think Partick will be good for him

Not really arsed about St Johnston signing Nadir. He was okay for us but bar a dead rubber against Accies I don't remember him doing a great deal. If they were to sign Gboly however...

I liked him purely because of how much he wound up the Dundee fans every time we played them. The goals against Accies weren’t too bad either.

8 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I wonder where we would be had we gone with Tommy Wright this time last year. Thank f**k we appointed Alexander.

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I've said it on here before but when you look at the rebuild we've seen on and off the park under Alexander (we're advertising for another first team strength and conditioning coach on top of the various other new roles we've created) I genuinely find it difficult to imagine what a Tommy Wright Motherwell would even have looked like.

Said it last year, Wright is a fucking dinosaur

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

He's what you get delivered if you order Allan Campbell on Wish.

While I do agree with this, I think that might be slightly generous. I'd say that if I had played instead of Crawford there would be no discernible difference between us.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The deal is only to the end of the season, looks like Thistle are just picking up the remainder of his contract.  Was it Foley we did this with last year?  While I am on Foley I have already forgotten the name of the guy we signed and never played last January.