Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

looks like he's forgotten how to play football at hibs

The word is that he is simply unfit - and it hasnt improved - which for a laddie of his age who "runs about for a living" is pretty unforgiveable.

Sometimes when you hear these snippets you take them with a pinch of salt, but I think I have seen every minute hes played this season and I reckon hes got slower -  I could probably catch him up even though I am 30 years his senior.

Shame, the first time he got subbed on for us he looked like he had something.

As for the Murphy chat, although he doesnt have the legs these days he still has the brain and his contributions to Hibs this season have been infinitely better than Scott.

I liked Scott when he was with us. He had all the attributes to be a great "wide-forward" (not sure if there is a better term to use in Italian or German), but given he was still incredibly raw and had only really scored against St. Mirren, getting £1m for him at that point was great business, considering what's happened since.

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The word is that he is simply unfit - and it hasnt improved - which for a laddie of his age who "runs about for a living" is pretty unforgiveable.

I particularly enjoyed him getting a chauffeur to drive him to Oro on the southside for some pizza, a good laugh.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I liked Scott when he was with us. He had all the attributes to be a great "wide-forward" (not sure if there is a better term to use in Italian or German), but given he was still incredibly raw and had only really scored against St. Mirren, getting £1m for him at that point was great business, considering what's happened since.

The club again played a blinder. As with Hastie he’d hardly had a run of games before getting hyped up. I thought if he stayed with us and developed he could turn into a very decent player at the top level of Scottish football.

I liked the look of James Scott when he came through. I also would have liked if he'd hung about to see if he'd kick on. However £1 million for a guy who only scored against St Mirren was a ludicrous offer and we'd have been mental to knock it back. 

My pal that supports Hibs says he's been rotten, all things considered. 

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Nadz to St Johnstone. Nobody talk to me for the rest of the week.

You may want to lie down in a darkened room then .... just announced there's a worldwide Paneer shortage due to supply chain issues.

Just wanted to check - can you both like big Nadz but also think that he wouldn't be someone you'd want to rely on to pull you out of the relegation grubber? 

Deal until 2024 for Maguire.

He doesn't strike me as someone we'll ever be fighting off bigger teams to keep ahold of but he's probably shown that he's a reliable option for the level we're at, hopefully he can progress a bit more and nail down a starting spot.