Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

There's yer Steven Lawless "opening up" about his time at Motherwell...

To be fair to him  can’t really argue with what he’s saying, he should have gone somewhere else. He’s also right about the style of play, given his hight long ball punts was never going to work for him. He was a success at Livi because of the way they played. Don’t know the big issue some have with Lawless, even the stick he got for being a Rangers supporter, big deal.

The interesting thing about the Lawless interview is really just that he confirms what a lot of us suspected in so much as although Alexander was in place when he signed the contract is was Robinson who had wanted him/put it in motion.

There's nothing else he says that should really come as too much of a surprise. After Roberts signed he'd have been about our 6th choice forward.

At the time a number of people called it as a lazy signing and while you can mitigate it to a degree that we wouldn't have been a massive draw given our league position at the time and also a Pandemic January window is as tough as you can get to recruit - he was really just a terrible fit on every level.

56 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

It's OK, lads, its not about the money! I'm not sure what it IS about, but not that filthy lucre, no sir.

Tony Watt reveals motivation for next move

Some laugh that. They've literally just recycled his interview from 25th October.

These are the quotes from October:

Here's "Football Scotland" with scoop on 31st December.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

It was definitely the system and nothing to do with him not being good enough. 

The system certainly did him no favours, he was more than good enough in a Livi team that finished top 6.

Going by the bold Tony’s latest tweet I definitely can’t see him still being a ‘Well player by the time we play our next game…

ETA: I thought the wee orange heart was him trying to be controversial but after a scroll down his profile he has used it previously referring to us so who knows if theres anything in it… 

Edited by wellfan09

I see the Scotsman are rumouring Mugabi with a move to Celtic this morning. The big man has been solid for us this year and much improved since Alexander came in, but even with that, this is one of the wildest rumours I’ve seen.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I see the Scotsman are rumouring Mugabi with a move to Celtic this morning. The big man has been solid for us this year and much improved since Alexander came in, but even with that, this is one of the wildest rumours I’ve seen.

He’s not even Japanese