Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I was going to take wee scroll through the Livi game on the MFC TV thing as I didn’t watch it at the time, I am only finding a 30 second pre match clip, is there a knack to it or does ‘full game’ mean something else?

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

I was going to take wee scroll through the Livi game on the MFC TV thing as I didn’t watch it at the time, I am only finding a 30 second pre match clip, is there a knack to it or does ‘full game’ mean something else?

Have you logged in/subscribed?

The full game is definitely there, I watched it on Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Have you logged in/subscribed?

The full game is definitely there, I watched it on Sunday night.

I’ve logged in with my season ticket subscription, I would have been able it watch it live like I have before but never tried to watch a game back afterwards.  It says ‘full game’ but plays a 30 second clip of the teams being read out.

2 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

The season ticket login doesn’t allow you to replay the match again. Pretty sure it’s part of the agreement with Sky. 

The games up to 31st Oct are Freeview, so maybe I need to wait 2 months, maybe I will find something else to do.

Bit of talk about those players who have improved under Alexander. Watt, Cole being the obvious two as its easy to quantify due to their goals. Lamie and Bevis are shoe in's too. McGuire I'd say is static as is Grimmy, Cornelius is now getting a sniff, Donnelly is getting consistency due to not being on the physio's table 24/7.

Has there been anyone that's taken a step back under Grezza?

Maybe an argument could be made for O'Donnell but he wasn't really great under Robinson either. However I think a lot of it with him is being played in a system that doesn't get the best out of him.

Carroll too, but more so for game time than form. He seems to be down the pecking order as he can't be trusted not to let the red mist descend and cloud his game.

59 points in the calendar year under his, belt, a mostly successful summer of acquisitions with few misfires and improvement of the majority of what he inherited, holding on to our manager may be the next issue. You can be sure he's on many a radar.

31 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Well I know this is most likely Automated but I think this tweet will go down like a lead Balloon.

It will certainly get the engagement that the media team like to see - although possibly not with the desired ratio.

I’ve said this elsewhere, if GA can’t trust Watt for the remainder of the season and we don’t want to boost United’s goal scoring ability, could we not loan him out to ‘Kilmarnock’ and recoup some of his wages.

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve said this elsewhere, if GA can’t trust Watt for the remainder of the season and we don’t want to boost United’s goal scoring ability, could we not loan him out to ‘Kilmarnock’ and recoup some of his wages.

I’m pretty sure the rules prevent someone who signs a pre-contract going on loan to anyone else in between, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I’m pretty sure the rules prevent someone who signs a pre-contract going on loan to anyone else in between, unfortunately.

That would be a very specific rule, what if he was already on loan?

36 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

We loaned Brophy in January and he had signed a pre contract with us. Can't remember if it was all announced at the same time or after it came out that he had signed with us right enough.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We loaned Brophy in January and he had signed a pre contract with us. Can't remember if it was all announced at the same time or after it came out that he had signed with us right enough.

Different situation 

55 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Pre-contracts aren’t exactly water tight so I don’t  think this is true. Perhaps it could be part of the agreement rather than a rule though.

Edited by gannonball

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Different situation 

Maybe there's a rule stipulating that the player can only be loaned to the club he's agreed the pre-contract with, but I'd be surprised if there was a rule that specific.

The only restrictions for loan deals (Temporary transfers) in the SPFL rules, seem to relate to the number of players than can be loaned overall and/or from which league.

Edited by FTOF

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Am I right in saying that technically he has only agreed with Utd to sign a PCA as he can't sign it until January? Anyway, I assume we can't send him out on loan without his agreement even if we were allowed to.

And Happy Birthday Tony emoji3060.png

From his point of view, if GA bins him would he not rather be playing for someone, in this scenario Kilmarnock, he gets something out it, United gets a player who has not been sitting in the stand for six months, United don’t get an advantage this season, Motherwell recoup some of their outlay?

Everyone is a winner?