Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Maybe the size of our club leads fans to following a low level media operative. I had no idea who it was yesterday because I rarely use Twitter and if I did I doubt I would be inclined to follow her.

I can’t see Celtic fans getting bent out of shape because of a few stupid messages from an assistant groundsman.

People tend to start accounts to obtain a following, seems the best thing to do to stifle that is perhaps unfollow?

I think the way the twitter algorithm works, regardless of whether you follow someone or not, if they have a notable tweet and you follow similar accounts, it will appear on your timeline. I actually don't have twitter any more, but from my mates who do, her noteworthy tweets always make it on to the group chat. I think the "just unfollow" method is a bit lazy. That's what Lawless responded when people questioned his constant posting about the Rainjurz. In both cases, I would still be asking questions about why club employees were actively trying to rub fans up the wrong way on social media.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

I’m not sure who’s in control of such things, but didn’t the club post during the blackout too on YouTube. I remember it being defended as “YouTube doesn’t count” or something...

Yeah, despite the fact BBC / Sky Sports / BT Sport / every other club in the country didn't post to YouTube next weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing the #content when one of our players gets an international cap through the granny rule.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

I see Ojala has been called up to the Finland squad for their upcoming qualifiers. His injury that forced him off at the weekend must not be too serious in that case.
Hopefully he’s back for for the weekend and we can get the BACK3BACK with him Sol and Big Bev.

Tbf Gboly could nutmeg a mermaid.
Put his shots halfway to Carluke right enough.
Gboly is the exception. I was thinking of Petravicius and Seedorf. Ilic as well but I'm still unsure if he was a right winger or a left back.

27 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Jesus, before his Foyle's input but a quick check of Wikipedia shows the ethereal Esteban is now 34. Time marches on indeed.

More remarkably, his goalscoring record both before and after he played for us has consistently been one goal every two games or so.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

1 hour ago, Gallus Numpty said:

More remarkably, his goalscoring record both before and after he played for us has consistently been one goal every two games or so.

Even more remarkable, is that someone is stil giving him fake stats on Wikipedia after all these years. 

Transfermarkt has him at;

Oud-Heverlee Leuven Oud-Heverlee Leuven 75 20  
KSV Roeselare (- 2021) KSV Roeselare (- 2021) 32 6  
Motherwell FC Motherwell FC 13 -  
FCV Dender EH FCV Dender EH 11 4  
RC Mechelen RC Mechelen 7 -  
RWDM Brussels FC RWDM Brussels FC 1 -  

Overwhelming majority coming in the Belgian second tier. 

On 02/11/2021 at 13:44, capt_oats said:

Tbh, while I don't disagree, finding out we've only won 1 of 9 league games with SOD starting but won 3 of 3 with Bevis at RB sent me for a walk.

Lamie probably has a positive win when he plays/lose when he doesn’t stat.

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

Lamie probably has a positive win when he plays/lose when he doesn’t stat.

I reckon he probably does. Last season, certainly until he contributed to a couple of clean sheets post split, our defence was better when Gallagher didn’t play, in terms of points and goals conceded.

We’ve won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 in the league this season when Lamie has started.

We’ve won 0, drew 1 and lost 3 when he didn’t play at all.
In his 3 sub appearances:
(18 mins) 2-0 Aberdeen
(15 mins) 1-1 Rangers
(19 mins) 1-6 Rangers

We did try him in a back 3 for the LC game against Annan along with O’Conner and McGinley.

Edited by ZX1886