Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The guy who popped up from nowhere with the '94 away top recently seemed to go from testing the water for interest levels, to having a manufacturer in place ready to produce and taking orders in absolutely no time, even though I'd seen very few interactions on his posts.

I don't know the minimum number that would be required to make a production run of a fairly niche top worthwhile, but I'd imagine it would be more than a handful.

Seemed a bit suss to me, but hopefully it's legit and everyone who has shelled out gets either the tops as promised, or their cash refunded. 

Edited by 'WellDel

38 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

The guy who popped up from nowhere with the '94 away top recently seemed to go from testing the water for interest levels, to having a manufacturer in place ready to produce and taking orders in absolutely no time, even though I'd seen very few interactions on his posts.

I don't know the minimum number that would be required to make a production run of a fairly niche top worthwhile, but I'd imagine it would be more than a handful.

Seemed a bit suss to me, but hopefully it's legit and everyone who has shelled out gets either the tops as promised, or their cash refunded. 

sure he said he was going to do a run of 100, the account has 542 followers. 

having clicked on one of the post's, it says the account has been suspended as opposed to deleted.

it actually comes up with his name on my paypal transaction, or at least the e-mail address linked to the account I gladly sent 45 quid too.

5 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

sure he said he was going to do a run of 100, the account has 542 followers. 

having clicked on one of the post's, it says the account has been suspended as opposed to deleted.

it actually comes up with his name on my paypal transaction, or at least the e-mail address linked to the account I gladly sent 45 

Ah, maybe more to do with club(s) or manufacturers questioning the account on grounds of copyright etc then, or something along those lines.

Hope you get it resolved either way mate.

8 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Anyone any idea how many tickets we have sold for Saturday? 

I initially thought we would take a pretty decent following, seeing things on twitter though with folk being off by the price. Admittedly £27 is pricey, Hearts away is comfortably my favourite day in the Calendar, and seeing as my last away trip was Hearts before covid, a full 18 months ago, I don't mind paying it.

I was right into it.

Not so much now. Interest has really cooled amongst us which is a bit strange but I get wee pangs every few hours of "should I go?".

56 minutes ago, The_Craig said:

I tried to email to cancel my order and it bounced back. 

Think I've been done out of my £47.

Bugger!

Did you use paypal? I think you can get refunded in these sort of situations (or at least I did but it was years ago and their T&Cs are maybe different now)

1 hour ago, The_Craig said:

I tried to email to cancel my order and it bounced back. 

Think I've been done out of my £47.

Bugger!

Phone yer banks credit or debit card dispute team. They may ask you to wait for 15 days after it was due but you should get a bit of help.

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Did you use paypal? I think you can get refunded in these sort of situations (or at least I did but it was years ago and their T&Cs are maybe different now)

or this.

Edited by Busta Nut

9 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Anyone any idea how many tickets we have sold for Saturday? 

I initially thought we would take a pretty decent following, seeing things on twitter though with folk being off by the price. Admittedly £27 is pricey, Hearts away is comfortably my favourite day in the Calendar, and seeing as my last away trip was Hearts before covid, a full 18 months ago, I don't mind paying it.

When I picked mine up today the girl told me that we got 650 and they were all sold. We are asking for more. Should be a gd day. Yes adult tickets are expensive but for families tickets are fairly priced imo.

Not totally Motherwell related- or maybe our notable exclusion does actually make it relevant- but noticed these quotes from David Martindale the other day.

“I think you will be looking at Rangers, Celtic, and Hearts and Hibs will be a toss of a coin. That's your top four in my opinion. Fifth and sixth – I think Aberdeen will be there and it will be a fight between St Johnstone, Dundee United and maybe even ourselves. But I think it will be a flip of a coin."

I know a lot of people in the wider Scottish football environ seem to quite like him but I think he's a p***k tbqh. Maybe he'll be proven right but I think it's more likely we finish top 5 and they go down than the other way around. Hopefully we'd stop signing their fucking jobbers in that scenario.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Not totally Motherwell related- or maybe our notable exclusion does actually make it relevant- but noticed these quotes from David Martindale the other day.
“I think you will be looking at Rangers, Celtic, and Hearts and Hibs will be a toss of a coin. That's your top four in my opinion. Fifth and sixth – I think Aberdeen will be there and it will be a fight between St Johnstone, Dundee United and maybe even ourselves. But I think it will be a flip of a coin."
I know a lot of people in the wider Scottish football environ seem to quite like him but I think he's a p***k tbqh. Maybe he'll be proven right but I think it's more likely we finish top 5 and they go down than the other way around. Hopefully we'd stop signing their fucking jobbers in that scenario.

Aye read that too, at first I was thinking fair enough with the top four but when he mentioned Dundee United, St Johnstone and even Livingston (lol) challenging for 5th or 6th spot and not us it made me laugh. Imrie must’ve been in his ear.

Has he been getting high on his own supply?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Wee dick. That's the team talk done for the game on er, Boxing Day when the situation will have changed completely.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I saw that as well but thought it'd seem salty to mention but aye...he's a fucking oddball.

As an aside Martindale's always reminded me of someone but it took me ages to place him....it's the guy from Lost Highway.

435997033_MV5BNzI0MDgyYjMtZGZmMS00YWRlLWIyZmItNjRkYmY4N2ZhOTBjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR047500281_.jpg.35da83dfb12a867cc34841b39c62a138.jpg

A couple of years ago, I ordered the 1987ish Umbro/Ian Skelly home top off a retro website which was a belter in fairness.

I remained on the website's mailing list for a good while before an e-mail came out one day saying that they were stopping making them due to the fact that their business partner in Thailand's cervix was constantly bleeding (it was actually worded just as graphically as that).

The next bit of the e-mail said that they were chasing their outstanding debt and if people didn't pay, they were publishing a list of all their names, locations and money owed on their website. Nuts stuff, kind of put me off these random websites.