Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Maybe to do with the Vaccine passport stuff, club maybe unsure as to what's what yet?

May well be the case, would explain why it’s only games with the possibility of 10k+ singled out.

Thanks for the help lads, will most likely phone the club through the week and see what’s what.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Maybe to do with the Vaccine passport stuff, club maybe unsure as to what's what yet?

The club should make sure that every home supporter that wants one, gets one by a certain date - and then give the remaining number to Celtic Supporters to take the number up to 9,999. 

41 minutes ago, Swello said:

The club should make sure that every home supporter that wants one, gets one by a certain date - and then give the remaining number to Celtic Supporters to take the number up to 9,999. 

Well, I have heared from the ticket office team that Celtic and Rangrs allocation maybe reduced to the "15/16 Play off Final" levels. Nothing definite but it seems we might actually be doing something in retaliation to the away fans issue.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Is Connor Shilds fit maybe available for loan to get him game time would get that back at Queens even till  Jan .

We've been far more secret squirrel about injuries under Alexander than we were with Robinson so Shields could be fit and just not making the squad or he could be out with a knock and no one's the wiser. It's been mentioned before but he's had a tough start to his Motherwell career, he picked up a hamstring injury and missed a chunk of pre-season then was given a couple of chances against St Johnstone in the league and Dundee in the cup and didn't really take them (literally in the Dundee game - he hit the bar).

Since then we've been on good form results wise and we have a bit of depth up front - Shields has Watt, Van Veen, Woolery and Roberts ahead of him in terms of starting players and Amaluzor and the lesser spotted Lawless (who also hasn't been seen since that Dundee game in the cup) as reserves.

We've a pretty big squad and I'd still kind of expect a few to go out on loan beyond Max Johnston but who knows. There are a clutch of players who are unlikely to start but are probably pretty mindful about cover given we've not been able put out a settled defence in consecutive weeks and we've even seen a couple of injuries in midfield mean Robbie Crawford's found himself back on the bench lately.

Given Shields is not long in the door and has a 3 year deal I'd be surprised if we loaned him out as soon after signing but equally given the lack of reserve fitba' it would kind of make sense for a couple of those who aren't getting competitive games to get a short loan spell.

Edited by capt_oats

If what has happened in defence, where injuries and suspensions have meant that everyone has had a shot, had happened up front, I'm sure we would have seen Shields more - but as @capt_oats said, we've got a settled front 3 at the moment, who have all scored and assisted. The only surprise to me (and what makes me think Shields may be injured/ill is that Amaluzor has been on the bench every week without looking any sort of world-beater so far).

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

If what has happened in defence, where injuries and suspensions have meant that everyone has had a shot, had happened up front, I'm sure we would have seen Shields more - but as @capt_oats said, we've got a settled front 3 at the moment, who have all scored and assisted. The only surprise to me (and what makes me think Shields may be injured/ill is that Amaluzor has been on the bench every week without looking any sort of world-beater so far).

Aye, the other thing is that the suspensions for the front 3 are clearly in the post and with our numbers as they are it probably doesn't take much for him to see those around the fringes of the squad get an opportunity.

It's just if everyone is fit and settled there seems some excess.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, the other thing is that the suspensions for the front 3 are clearly in the post and with our numbers as they are it probably doesn't take much for him to see those around the fringes of the squad get an opportunity.

It's just if everyone is fit and settled there seems some excess.

Roberts is out for next week so Shields should fill that slot, if fit.

Well Robinson stated the other day everyone was fit so it’s slightly baffling, as is the omission of Goss. Maybe they are not up to the required standard at this stage but after giving out a 3 year contract t you would think he would at least be on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Well Robinson stated the other day everyone was fit so it’s slightly baffling, as is the omission of Goss. Maybe they are not up to the required standard at this stage but after giving out a 3 year contract t you would think he would at least be on the bench.

Living in the past mate 

Why is the Morecambe manager commenting on our team?

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

I think Alexander's injury updates may not be 100% truthful (which I'm 100% fine with)

6 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, I have heared from the ticket office team that Celtic and Rangrs allocation maybe reduced to the "15/16 Play off Final" levels. Nothing definite but it seems we might actually be doing something in retaliation to the away fans issue.

Would love it if this was so.

We all know that a lot of home fans stay away when both these teams come to town, as they don't like being amongst 'the minority' element (aye right) of their supports that is always present when in and around the ground. I imagine this is true of most, if not all clubs across the league.

Give them minimum allocation, high up in the away stand and try to attract as big and vocal a home support as possible. It's the kind of atmosphere guys like KVV thrive on. A busy, colourful and noisy home end would help give us the best possible chance of getting a result and keeping us up at the top end of the table. Neither are any great shakes so far this season, and we are more than capable of results against both, as we already proved last week. Why not give yourself every advantage possible? Fùck the green or blue poonds. If the club are strong enough to take the stand, we need to back them by getting the home end as full as possible.

Edited by 'WellDel