Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Love it - still have the original though as it is a favourite of mine - one of our best ever.

I just find it funny that people chastise the jester strip, but apparently love the one that looks like something the servers wear under their "suspenders" in a bad American theme pub :)

Edited by Gallus Numpty

55 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm absolutely terrified we're going to sign him again once Hibs get bored of fishing his overhit crosses out of Leith Docks. 

Thought it was very silly of Hibernian to use up his 'one decent cross a season' about 12 minutes into the game.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not saying lose the Blue Pound entirely but stick them right up the back of the South Stand please and close off the front.

Give them the sections they had in the playoff - bring back some good memories for them.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mark Gillespie: Good guy.

Graeme Smith: w**k.

This is a good game.

Did Graeme Smith do anything that offensive other than have a spell of rather dodgy form?

Granted the 6-6 game when he was in goals for Hibs was up there with his best performances, but I'd add many to that list before him.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm probably missing something but how is it that the 2 clubs with the biggest stadiums in the league are the only clubs unable to let in away fans?

They also have the biggest number of ST holders, tbf.  However, they are absolutely at it with the no away fans thing.  Saves them any bother and they can afford not to.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Do we have a red zone?

Yeah, we did at the Aberdeen game.  The section of the PO'D stand closest to the Cooper was the Covid Section, where fans could choose to swap their usual seat to sit there, which was a bit more spacious. 

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Give them nothing.

This would be good.  How much do we make from an OF game at home?  4800 tickets at an average of £20 (taking into account any kids/concession tickets) = £96,000?  Take away the vastly increased stewarding and policing costs, plus the number of PATG 'Well fans who just won't bother, I do wonder just how much we make on these games. 

Clubs never going to turn away all the money but be good if we made a statement similar to 2015 by giving them a reduced allocation.

Stick them up the top tier of the south stand and charge £30 a ticket.

Edited by ZX1886

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Did Graeme Smith do anything that offensive other than have a spell of rather dodgy form?

Granted the 6-6 game when he was in goals for Hibs was up there with his best performances, but I'd add many to that list before him.

He had an offensively high voice.

2 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Clubs never going to turn away all the money but be good if we made a statement similar to 2015 by giving them a reduced allocation.

Stick them up the top tier of the main stand and charge £30 a ticket.

Do what Hearts do. Lower South £20 a head but closed. This price to be matched in the Cooper stand.  Upper South £30+.

12 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm sure when he left he'd given it the 'leaving for bigger things, and a side that can split the old firm' but it was fucking ages ago so maybe I've got him and Brian Kerr mixed up.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

I'm sure when he left he'd given it the 'leaving for bigger things, and a side that can split the old firm' but it was fucking ages ago so maybe I've got him and Brian Kerr mixed up.

Did he not go to Brighton?

Do what Hearts do. Lower South £20 a head but closed. This price to be matched in the Cooper stand.  Upper South £30+.

Just have one price across all stands.

£40

At the end of the day how many folk are PATG vs Rangers/Celtic. If we reduce their allocation then there’ll be more blue/green tops in the Cooper and main stand. Might as well knock the prices up a fair bit for any to get in. Wouldn’t affect ST holders.