Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Between McPake's tear-stained "the better team lost" interview, Glass getting bent out of shape by KVV so much he was booked and one of his coaches sent off and just a general post-match Twitter search yesterday we're going to boil a lot of people's piss this season.

59 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Between McPake's tear-stained "the better team lost" interview, Glass getting bent out of shape by KVV so much he was booked and one of his coaches sent off and just a general post-match Twitter search yesterday we're going to boil a lot of people's piss this season.

Aye, it's not Thunderdome levels of savagery and brutality like everyone was crying about a couple of years back (see Rangers over Cardoso's wee nose bleed), more robustness and shithousery. 

The levels of seethe and head explosions it induces will be equally high though. Highly enjoyable innit?

We had 4 wins from 20 games when Alexander took over in January, we’ve won 3 from 5 already this season..

Last season we looked weak and soft. By contrast yesterday we looked robust, aggressive and streetwise.

Defensively we were rock solid. Ojala gets better with every game and big Sondre slotted in seamlessly beside him with an impressive debut display. Slattery is another who looks a better bit of business(3 year deal?!) with each passing week. 

The addition of KVV gave our attack a different dimension from the Dundee game. With the technical ability of him and Watt combined with the pace/power of Woolery, we looked a real threat every time we went forward. The latter having his most impressive game to date.

Looking at the bench yesterday and with the likes of SODS, Roberts etc still to come back the squad looks pretty healthy. Certainly a far cry from when folk were panicking when we lost to Airdrie with Lawless and Crawford in the team. 

It’s taken time but we’re finally starting to see Alexander’s side take shape and if yesterday is anything to go by it’s one I can absolutely get behind. 

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Excited to find out whether Kev gets sent off in 8 minutes or scores a double at ibrox. 

Doesn't really feel like there's a middle ground.

Wouldn't the middle ground be scoring 2 within 8 minutes and then getting sent off? I could see that happening.

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

This is the bandwagon that I got on, scoring from headers inside the six yard box can be left to mortals.

I'm fairly up on my Norse mythology, but having googled "Big Sexy Dutch Gods" I'm still none the wiser what the KVV equivalent is.

There are a number of things I'm not going to be able to unsee in a hurry though - make sure you're in "safe mode" if you inadvertently do an image search! 😟

The caveat is obviously that we've only played 5 games (none against Celtic and Rangers). After 5 games last season County were 3rd on 8 points. Equally though after 5 games last season we were sat joint bottom on points with 2 but still it's a bit early to say how our season's going to look.

In terms of direction of travel though it probably feels a bit better than it did after the full time whistle at Airdrie or Dens.

What is probably fair to say is that anyone who was judging us on the League Cup has been miles off it given that we're now in a place where it's looking like Lawleff and Crawford don't even make the bench most weeks and we've just tactical-ed our way to a 2-0 win against Aberdeen with a squad minus SOD, Roberts and Carroll.

We've also scored in every league game we've played so far (and should probably have scored more). Last season we'd failed to score in 4 of our opening 5.

On the face of it in terms of recruitment going into the window from the Alexander team with the good form the concerns were probably replacing Kelly, Gallagher, Campbell, Cole along with finding someone who could step in ahead of Lamie.

Early days and all that but it feels like we've made a decent stab at doing all that - with added Goss to float about the squad in place of Polworth and Roberts bumping Lawless even further down the depth chart.

Watching the game on Alba last night it kind of echoed the 3-0 LC QF against Aberdeen in Robinson's first season in terms of absolutely doing a number on them.

Which is nice.

Hang this in The Louvre (Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre)

E_BWaRCXIAQodAt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hang this in The Louvre (Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre)

E_BWaRCXIAQodAt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If they could find a spot for this too I don't think it'd look out of place:

Edit: Noticed you'd already posted in the match thread @capt_oats. I'm a mile aff it on P&B these days.

Edited by Mr Hahn

11 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I AM IN LOVE. I CAN'T DENY.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fde8fed957ea5093c3

Thank you Well fan for life. This completes the weekend 😍

Edit to add. Also means I can go straight to 72 minutes on BBC Alba without scrolling through the 2nd half. That said I will watch the lot in any case at some point later today 👏👏

Edited by welldaft

56 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Are Rangers letting away fans in yet?

They have for Livingston and Dunfermline. Celtic didn't get any because Celtic refused to provide away tickets for the reverse fixture.

They probably will go on sale later next week. You can collect them on Saturday since the game has since been moved to the Sunday (Rangers are playing Lyon at home on thursday). I'll be looking for one since I have the (very small) belief that our hammer throwers will get a win. Time to get this "not beaten Rangers in the league" hoodoo off our backs.