Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Happy with Roberts even if it is only for 6 months.

No idea what Hearts actually intend to do with him, won’t sell but just keep firing him out on loan

The guy is apparently on good money (more than Hastie at Sevco ) so he ain’t going anywhere till it suits him.

Be interesting to know what % of his wages were are paying.

So this is our business:

Transfers In:

• 27/05/21 - Connor Shields (from QoTS)
  • 21/06/21 - Justin Amaluzor (from Maidstone United)
  • 22/06/21 - Kaiyne Woolery (from Tranmere Rovers)
  • 02/07/21 - Kevin Van Veen (from Scunthorpe United)
  • 05/07/21 - Liam Kelly (from QPR)
  • 13/07/21 - Darragh O'Connor (from Leicester)
  • 16/07/21 - Mich'el Parker (unattached)
  • 24/07/21 - Callum Slattery (from Southampton - undisclosed fee)
  • 29/07/21 - Juhani Ojala (from Vejle BK)
  • 26/08/21 - Sean Goss (from Shrewsbury Town)
  • 31/08/21 - Sondre Solholm Johansen (from Mjøndalen - undisclosed fee)

Loans In:

• 31/08/21 - Jordan Roberts (from Heart of Midlothian)

Loans Out:

• TBC

Transfers Out:

08/07/21 - Trevor Carson (to Dundee United)

By my guess the squad looks something like this, 29 players as it stands:

1982168250_ScreenShot2021-08-31at21_41_47.thumb.png.098d7730956a53a547e35796a88abe76.png

I mean, I'd guess the chances of us actually ever seeing Parker are nil and there's a chance Grimshaw becomes a midfield option rather than RB but generally that's it.

Edited by capt_oats

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So this is our business:

Transfers In:

• 27/05/21 - Connor Shields (from QoTS)
  • 21/06/21 - Justin Amaluzor (from Maidstone United)
  • 22/06/21 - Kaiyne Woolery (from Tranmere Rovers)
  • 02/07/21 - Kevin Van Veen (from Scunthorpe United)
  • 05/07/21 - Liam Kelly (from QPR)
  • 13/07/21 - Darragh O'Connor (from Leicester)
  • 16/07/21 - Mich'el Parker (unattached)
  • 24/07/21 - Callum Slattery (from Southampton - undisclosed fee)
  • 29/07/21 - Juhani Ojala (from Vejle BK)
  • 26/08/21 - Sean Goss (from Shrewsbury Town)
  • 31/08/21 - Sondre Solholm Johansen (from Mjøndalen - undisclosed fee)

Loans In:

• 31/08/21 - Jordan Roberts (from Heart of Midlothian)

Loans Out:

• TBC

Transfers Out:

08/07/21 - Trevor Carson (to Dundee United)

By my guess the squad looks something like this, 29 players as it stands:

1982168250_ScreenShot2021-08-31at21_41_47.thumb.png.098d7730956a53a547e35796a88abe76.png

I mean, I'd guess the chances of us actually ever seeing Parker are nil and there's a chance Grimshaw becomes a midfield option rather than RB but generally that's it.

That’s a starting 11 that gives a level of optimism, hopefully it works out that way.

The spine of that team is with us for at least two seasons which offers a degree of continuity too.

Will always wonder whatif about Robbie Gotts. As has been pointed out can't understand the allure of Barrow over us if you're looking to be in the shop window. Did he grow up there? Former coach there? Based on the pedigree seems odd the standing of the clubs interested. Reminds me of Turnbull signing for Celtic over Norwich ....... 😘

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Will always wonder whatif about Robbie Gotts. As has been pointed out can't understand the allure of Barrow over us if you're looking to be in the shop window. Did he grow up there? Former coach there? Based on the pedigree seems odd the standing of the clubs interested. Reminds me of Turnbull signing for Celtic over Norwich ....... 😘

I noticed that Barrow have announced him on a two year deal.

Given all our "priority" signings have been on shree year deals (and if we've been speaking to him for over a month he'd fall into that bracket) I wonder if he just maybe didn't fancy committing long term up here, since I'd guess that's what we'd be offering if we were paying Leeds a fee for him.

He was born in Harrogate and has been at Leeds for 15 years so I can get why he'd maybe be swayed by the idea of staying closer to home (relatively speaking).

f**k knows though.

Just now, Kapowzer said:

Sky are reporting it was a "free"

Actually now you mention it, Barrow's news story had it worded that "Young midfield star Robbie Gotts has penned a two-year deal after leaving Leeds United..." so presumably he's been paid up and released.

Same with the other Leeds u23 they announced earlier this evening.

There were a couple of reports floating around earlier that a nominal fee would be due.

Even taking off the C&A tinted glasses it doesn’t quite add up why anyone would choose to play for Barrow over us. One good season here and he’s pretty instantly going to the English championship. Players like himself probably excellent technically could struggle at L2 compared to up here. 

Anyways chuffed with the Roberts signing slight disappointment that it’s only a 6 month loan but hey ho. 

Still feel as though we are lacking another player in midfield like a Gotts. Hopefully last minute deal pops up.

Just now, supermarv said:

Still feel as though we are lacking another player in midfield like a Gotts. Hopefully last minute deal pops up.

Burrows has been saying to his reply guys that we're done for tonight.

Whether that means we're done, done and won't be looking at free agents IDK.

I suppose the fact we were linked with Gotts instinctively makes you think that we feel we're short of something in that area.

Wikipedia tells us Mark Cooper is the son of Terry Cooper, 13 years, 250 games at Leeds in the 60's and 70's during their heyday. He must have a few contacts.

I only say that as I used to work with the son of Mick Doyle (Man City captain the 70's) and until recently their most decorated captain. His whole family still got free tickets whenever they wanted, access etc. regardless of new ownership and passage of time.