Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, dezz said:

I'm assuming the big handsome Norwegian is one, and I'm guessing the other will be an attacker/striker ... Jordan Roberts?

Is Robbie Gott dead in the water ? I was quite intrigued by that one. 

If we got our very own Norse god and either Roberts or Gott I would be happy with that business. Plenty of options in defence, midfield and up front 👍.  As mentioned you would expect to see a few move out probably on loan. Crawford and to an extent Maguire must know they are being pushed down the pecking order. 

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

I'm assuming the big handsome Norwegian is one, and I'm guessing the other will be an attacker/striker ... Jordan Roberts?

Aye, assuming there's something in the fact that big Sondre started following the club IG and Chairman Flao is now following him you'd imagine there's a fair chance he accounts for one of them. An alternative to Lamie would be welcome IMO.

I'd say that based on the squad as is then the space is for a striker.

Fwiw being the IG creep that I am I noticed that Robbie Gotts mutual-ed a boy who's recently signed for Salford yesterday so I'd guess that might be an indication of where he'll end up. No drama either way, he's already been there on loan and there's no need for him to re-locate. That said it'd be annoying if so as I was quite invested in us picking up a Bielsa prodigy.

Who knows maybe Grimshaw takes on that midfield role.

Midfielder?

"Sondre came here as "wreckage" from Strømsgodset, but with us he has developed into such a good midfielder that he attracts interest from a significantly larger league. It is a fantastic opportunity for Sondre, who now gets the chance to play big games in the Scottish series - including against Celtic and Rangers.

Vegard also says that MIF will not bring in a new midfielder to replace Sondre in this transfer window"

36 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Midfielder?

"Sondre came here as "wreckage" from Strømsgodset, but with us he has developed into such a good midfielder that he attracts interest from a significantly larger league. It is a fantastic opportunity for Sondre, who now gets the chance to play big games in the Scottish series - including against Celtic and Rangers.

Vegard also says that MIF will not bring in a new midfielder to replace Sondre in this transfer window"

I think there's a lost in translation element. When the link was first mentioned (by the same journo) it was a similar thing. Greg Marshall picked up on it as well.

743734692_ScreenShot2021-08-27at14_34_50.thumb.png.dd99d12873195b788c72566d7b7982eb.png

He's definitely a centre back (as the video shows).

Edited by capt_oats

Despite probably backing myself into the position of this thread's #1 Sean Goss fan, I can't really claim to have a strong opinion in either direction about his actual ability. I'm a bit more encouraged about the type of midfielder he is and what it suggests about the way we'll be lining up- Donnelly snapping into tackles, Goss being more of a playmaker and Slattery hopefully tying things together. Whether it'll actually work out that way remains to be seen but it at least makes sense on paper.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Has he had a haircut?

Aw ffs, we all know what happened to Samson when he got his hair cut in the bible. 

Thankfully the bible is a lot of made up shîte, and I'm sure the big, rugged, handsome b*****d will be a stellar and much needed addition to our back line.

#welcomescandanavianprince