Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’ve seen one other person today still waiting on there’s to arrive.

Can always pick it up through in Motherwell on Saturday I guess but with no cash gate in operation there’ll probably be a queue at the ticket office.

It’s not really convenient for me to get to Fir Park before Saturday due to work. I’ve paid for it to be posted so hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

It’s not really convenient for me to get to Fir Park before Saturday due to work. I’ve paid for it to be posted so hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Get on the phone, they will tell you if they have sent it or if it is sitting in the office.

31 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Mine arrived through the post a couple of weeks ago, I am fairly sure I had no interaction with the club and certainly haven’t paid for it to be posted,  mine was an automatic renewal, was yours a new ticket?

Mine arrived through the post a couple of weeks ago, I am fairly sure I had no interaction with the club and certainly haven’t paid for it to be posted,  mine was an automatic renewal, was yours a new ticket?

Aye it’s a new one. I sent an email to the ticket office on Friday but they’ve not got back to me yet. I’ll give the club a bell in the morning.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Is anyone else still waiting for their season ticket being posted out?

I got an email saying I had to collect it, So did a mate who had already received his in the post.
What time does the office open as I canny get down really afore  saturday it isnae 9am.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Aye it’s a new one. I sent an email to the ticket office on Friday but they’ve not got back to me yet. I’ll give the club a bell in the morning.

The club are shite at responding to emails.

They might get back to you after they respond to my email sent before the QOS game.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Wait? With regards to the season tickets, are the old cards no longer valid?

I thought it was only for new season ticket holders.

I got a new one (through the post) that has a QR code rather than a bar code on it - so they have definitely changed something...

26 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I don't think we will be bringing anyone else in during this window as things have gone very quiet on that front. I cannot see us being linked with anyone anywhere online or even any wild suggestions. 

As it should be

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

I don't think we will be bringing anyone else in during this window as things have gone very quiet on that front. I cannot see us being linked with anyone anywhere online or even any wild suggestions. 

I mean, the manager has said publicly that we're actively looking to recruit (link) and there's still a week-ish of the window to go so I don't think it's a given that we won't be bringing anyone else in.

It's definitely a weird vibe that there don't seem to be any concrete links or rumours in the press though. I've said it before but the market seems to be in a weird place to use him as an example Gotts is someone we have been linked with (link). By all accounts he has a few teams in for him as well. He's basically been told he's free to find a new club (link), he wasn't playing in their u23s the other day and didn't feature anywhere in their League Cup squad...but he's still at Leeds.

There seem to be a ton of players who have either been told they're free to leave or are surplus to requirements but have yet to move. Not that I'm banging a drum to sign them but Jordan Roberts and Mihai Popescu were both told they can leave Hearts a month ago (link) as far as I'm aware they're both still on the books at Hearts. Matty Kennedy was supposedly surplus to requirements at Aberdeen and due to sign for St Mirren but that one fell through and he's still at the club.

There seem to be a load of players in the same boat. Either waiting to get their contract paid up or their clubs holding on to them until they've secured replacements.

Edited by capt_oats

Without knowing that much about him, on paper I reckon I would take Matty Kennedy. However, it does seem like the kind of player you'd say you would take that invites an onslaught of posts saying why we shouldn't sign him.

I said on here the other day that I couldn't recall us making a late August signing that had been season defining before, my mate pointed out to me last night that we signed Jutkiewicz five days before the window shut so I can happily stand corrected on that one 😆