Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I noticed when Bevis lumbered up the right, he played a delicate chip into the back row of the stand behind the goal, the Motherwell support gave him an encouraging round of applause.

We’ve changed.

To be clear, if that was Lamie the away end would have fucking exploded.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

I noticed when Bevis lumbered up the right, he played a delicate chip into the back row of the stand behind the goal, the Motherwell support gave him an encouraging round of applause.

We’ve changed.

It was so shite, I felt sorry for him in all honesty.

38 minutes ago, Swello said:

It was so shite, I felt sorry for him in all honesty.

I'll hold my hands up; I burst out laughing. The first half when he went galloping on the overlap was one of the maddest things I've ever seen.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Two equalisers in three league games, what a rush

To add to that (in comparison to no equalisers until January last season), that's up played 3 league games and we've scored 5 goals. We didn't score our 5th league goal last season until Matchday 8 in the 3-0 against Aberdeen on 20th September. That was with us having only scored in one of our opening 6 league games.

Arguably our opening 3 fixtures this season have been tougher than last year. Hibs (h), St Johnstone (a), Livi (a) vs County (a), United (h), Livi (h).

Edited by capt_oats

14 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I remember the wild stat that got trotted out last season that Barry Maguire’s equaliser against Killie (March 20th 2021) was our first league equaliser against anyone other than Ross County since James Scott’s against Dundee in the 4-3 game (27th April 2019)

Div Turnbull's 1-2 with the bar.

Some boi.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Div Turnbull's 1-2 with the bar.

Some boi.

The best bit about that match was when Turnbull imposed a handball on the Dundee boy for a penalty.  The fact that the officials decided it was too sexy to stand wasn’t given as much air time as it deserved.  Semple’s involvement in the coup de grace may end up being a career highlight for him.

23 minutes ago, ropy said:

For each new season I look out for our first goal, then our first point, then our first win, these have all happened in that order, I can only imagine a KVV hat trick is due next week.

I'll pencil in a KVV red card for sticking the nut on someone for a fortnights time then.

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'll pencil in a KVV red card for sticking the nut on someone for a fortnights time then.

International break, it would be a police matter and he would be free to play, subject to any jail time.

"We'll support you, home and away". I think that was the wording on the banner unfurled at half time. Just a simple and positive message, I really liked it. It was done right as the Motherwell players ran out and they instinctively all looked over to the Motherwell fans, will've seen the banner and got a wee boost. Motherwell fans joining in the applause for Stephen Carrie too. While none of you will've known who he was, acknowledging his significance to Livi was class. Great away support, haste ye back to the Spaghettihad!

8 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

"We'll support you, home and away". I think that was the wording on the banner unfurled at half time. Just a simple and positive message, I really liked it. It was done right as the Motherwell players ran out and they instinctively all looked over to the Motherwell fans, will've seen the banner and got a wee boost. Motherwell fans joining in the applause for Stephen Carrie too. While none of you will've known who he was, acknowledging his significance to Livi was class. Great away support, haste ye back to the Spaghettihad!

You give us the points and we’ll be there