Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

47 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think it's good that there is a wee bit of positivity coming out of yesterday's game as it was a cracking experience overall. It does make the game against St Johnstone a bit important though because you can carry the pre-season optimism through 1 loss, a 2nd loss in a row would start to put a bit of pressure back on, so taking something on Sunday could be a big deal.

Are away supporters allowed?

No.

11 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

No.

That's pish - but I get that St Johnstone might need to use up their allocation just to meet their own supporters demands for seats.

After the last couple of weeks where I've been at Airdrie, Annan and Hibs - the thought of going back to Jock Brown and Verizon lady is a bit depressing.

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

That's pish - but I get that St Johnstone might need to use up their allocation just to meet their own supporters demands for seats.

After the last couple of weeks where I've been at Airdrie, Annan and Hibs - the thought of going back to Jock Brown and Verizon lady is a bit depressing.

Not sure we've even got Jock this year... hasn't done any of the games I've seen so far, anyway.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

I've not got much to add on the game yesterday that's not already been covered but I can't ever really remember coming away from a loss feeling as positive as I did. A huge step up in performance from the LC games and the new players look more than good enough to see us competitive in the league this year - with more of the same calibre to come hopefully.

Big Kev though, what a boy. If that's the sort of performance we're going to get even semi-regularly this season it's going to be double figures for goals, assists and booking no bother at all!

Regardless of the score, it was fucking magic to get back to Fir Park and see such an entertaining game. Being able to properly celebrate a goal rather after a year of nothing but a wee 'yas' at my laptop screen is a feeling I won't take for granted any time soon. I said in the league table prediction thread that I'd be happy with a 7th-8th place finish this season as long as the entertainment factor was higher than last season and based on that first game it's looking hopeful.

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

SODs imho had a great game.

Does any one else think this? I think I have it in for him a bit but I didn't think I would be so blinded I would miss him having a great game over my pettiness.

9 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Doesn't matter who they are, if they're a former player they'll be getting booed.

It's one of those petty things which makes Scottish fitba great.

This is where I fall

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Does any one else think this? I think I have it in for him a bit but I didn't think I would be so blinded I would miss him having a great game over my pettiness.

I thought he was shite in the first half. Second half he improved a bit and was unfortunate with the handball, but I definitely wouldn't describe his performance as anything other than 'meh'. Maybe a 5/10. 

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I think it's only right that we collectively #announcerobbie. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

#welcomegotts

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

#gottcharobbie

#GetGotts

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Council aren't allowing us more than our season ticket sales.

Last chance for them to flex their wee muscles towards the club they hate.

58 minutes ago, dezz said:

I thought he was shite in the first half. Second half he improved a bit and was unfortunate with the handball, but I definitely wouldn't describe his performance as anything other than 'meh'. Maybe a 5/10. 

I thought SOD was...fine. I'd give him a 5.8 or a 6.2 if we were doing things Pitchfork style.

Hibs didn't really get at him compared with how they got at Carroll but then again Carroll's whip for Van Veen's goal was the sort of ball SOD hasn't  got close to producing for us (and it's not the first time Carroll's put in a delivery like that). So it's swings and roundabouts.

There were a few times I thought O'Donnell seemed to lack a bit of composure, that shy he took that went to absolutely no one and out for a bye kick. I mean, whit?!

Edited by capt_oats

This Is where we make the comment about you having over 10k empty seats due to this isn’t it.

Sods was….fine, about what I’d expect although at the time I was raging at him taking that shot that hit the side netting as it looked like he had KVV and others in the box if he squared it or just lashed it across goal but having seen it again not sure it would have got through beyond porteous.

Porteous is a massive p***k, as an aside.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

This Is where we make the comment about you having over 10k empty seats due to this isn’t it.

Believe we could open the gate at 2:50 and still get all our season ticket holders in before 3 with them socially distancing.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Sods was….fine, about what I’d expect although at the time I was raging at him taking that shot that hit the side netting as it looked like he had KVV and others in the box if he squared it or just lashed it across goal but having seen it again not sure it would have got through beyond porteous.

Porteous's squeal for a foul at the end was quite something.

20 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I couldn't get tickets cause I haven't bought tickets before. I go to games when I can and PATG . As our next home game is 28th of August hopefully we'll be back to normal

3 hours ago, superward said:

On the ex employees chat - Maurice Ross at the game yesterday too. He was also at Airdrie. Maybe just keeping his nose in and no more but interesting (maybe) none the less.

He’s represented by/represents the same agency many at the club are.

53 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I thought he had scored, was out my seat 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

To be honest I have been underwhelmed by him bar a handful of performances. I also think he has been as woeful as most have been  in the League Cup games. In his defence he has less downtime since the Euros and it has showed. 

But I genuinely thought he had a very good game yesterday. He should have hit the target with his shot. But defensively he was solid and looked like an International right back. Hopefully more of the same rather than reverting back to last season. 

Edited by welldaft

If Scott signs for St Mirren we are going to be booing half their team.

I saw a few Hull Twitter types saying it’ll be a permanent deal for Scott to St Mirren. That would be a huge financial loss for Hull and huge fall from Grace for Jimmy if he ends up at that midden.