Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Why have you given Hibs 2k?  Surely there are Motherwell fans that would have bought the majority of those? I get giving some away fans if you don't think you'll fill the allocation, but 2000 seems huge all things considered.

We've got to fund all those free season tickets some way. Welcome Hibees.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

We've got to fund all those free season tickets some way. Welcome Hibees.

The real question is will catering be open and how strict are the stewards are with wearing masks. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Fair.  I just assumed you'd have a lot of non ST holders who'd maybe be tempted considering it's been so long away.

No, to be fair, you're right. I was being slightly disingenuous.

As a non ST holder myself, I would have been well up attending this game if possible, and it might still be if ST holders don't take up all the home allocation but tbh I've completely lost track with the rules on attendance restrictions, home/away numbers etc so I'll just wait to hear from the club as to when I can get in and get to a game as soon as possible. At least the atmosphere should be good. 

Edited by dezz

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

No, to be fair, you're right. I was being slightly disingenuous.

As a non ST holder myself, I would have been well up attending this game if possible, and it might still be if ST holders don't take up all the home allocation but tbh I've completely lost track with the rules on attendance restrictions, home/away numbers etc so I'll just wait to hear from the club as to when I can get in and get to a game as soon as possible. At least the atmosphere should be good. 

The plan seems to be exactly that.

There will be a general sale of a couple of hundred once the club hear back from ST holders as to whether they can make it or not.

The club have emailed every season ticket holder asking them to confirm if they will be attending the Hibs match so given it's unlikely every one will say yes they should have an idea fairly soon of how many spaces will be available to PATG fans.

Are Hibs offering them to season ticket holders only or will it be first come first served.?

1 minute ago, santheman said:

The club have emailed every season ticket holder asking them to confirm if they will be attending the Hibs match so given it's unlikely every one will say yes they should have an idea fairly soon of how many spaces will be available to PATG fans.

Are Hibs offering them to season ticket holders only or will it be first come first served.?

ST holders only. 

The real question is will catering be open and how strict are the stewards are with wearing masks. 

I’d hope they’d have catering open now given the relaxation to level 0 since the plans announced for the league cup games, to have circa 7k folk in a ground with only a few water coolers (that don’t cool) isn’t going to cut it.

Re masks, they’re needed when entering and moving about but they didn’t care when folk were seated, again.

36 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why have you given Hibs 2k?  Surely there are Motherwell fans that would have bought the majority of those? I get giving some away fans if you don't think you'll fill the allocation, but 2000 seems huge all things considered.

You'll be segregated in the South  stand as usual so makes sense to get as many Hibs fans in there as regulations allow.

Cannae wait for a proper game of football with an atmosphere.

Edited by santheman

20 minutes ago, santheman said:

Cannae wait for a proper game of football with an atmosphere.

Aye, this will be great.  I haven't been able to make any of the League Cup games, so Sunday will be my first game since the 4-4 St. Mirren cup tie in February 2020.  It will be brilliant with a couple of thousands Hibees in attendance.  

The breakdown of home Vs away is surely just a function of the fact that we have a vast away end with no possibility to have 2 sets of supporters in there?

My thinking to, though I’d only really apply that vs OF, if it’s mostly families going in the south stand I don’t think there’d really be much potential for trouble with a few police on the gates outside, though it would limit them to 1 kiosk each (if I remember correctly).

Would probably lead to higher cost of stewarding/policing and we haven’t really needed the stand for home fans in the past, so probably why avoided.

If we get 6.5k in on Sunday - that won't be much different than a normal game against Hibs I would imagine (although an opening day game would probably be higher in normal circumstances).

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

If we get 6.5k in on Sunday - that won't be much different than a normal game against Hibs I would imagine (although an opening day game would probably be higher in normal circumstances).

The 3-0 in 2019 was 5,964. That was the 4th game of the season.

517581938_ScreenShot2021-07-26at14_25_07.thumb.png.721ce7fd3a71a6c0cd22645415bf7534.png

In other news I take it we're the team SSN are reporting on today?