Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

44 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Are we getting highlights again?

i think we have to wait until all the match fixtures have been played. After todays game i would expect them to be uploaded to the SPFL channel.

Edited by Phillips455

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The two goals we lost were woeful and people booed. Seen a lot of folk slag the booing patrons but I think that booing is well within their right. It was a shocking scoreline and although I wasn't booing myself I defend their right to.

Agree with that. You don't get to hype a game as the club did with their whole "homecoming" patter then be offended if there's a negative reaction when you're going in 2-0 down to a Championship side at half time.

Even Watt was saying in his wee post-match video that it's not acceptable to be 2-0 down to a side a league below us (or words to that effect).

Others have touched on it but the interesting thing to me is that one of the main criticisms last season was how complacent we looked in games and, of course, that it took us until fucking January to equalise in a game.

Maybe a wee boo now and again helps sharpen then mind.

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Agree with that. You don't get to hype a game as the club did with their whole "homecoming" patter then be offended if there's a negative reaction when you're going in 2-0 down to a Championship side at half time.

Even Watt was saying in his wee post-match video that it's not acceptable to be 2-0 down to a side a league below us (or words to that effect).

Others have touched on it but the interesting thing to me is that one of the main criticisms last season was how complacent we looked in games and, of course, that it took us until fucking January to equalise in a game.

Maybe a wee boo now and again helps sharpen then mind.

It maybe does, however as with every club there is also a lack of patience. It’s very early yet and the squad is not even completed and giving them a little more time to get up to match fitness and gel would not be a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

It maybe does, however as with every club there is also a lack of patience. It’s very early yet and the squad is not even completed and giving them a little more time to get up to match fitness and gel would not be a bad thing. 

In fairness, I don't disagree with this either especially as this season feels different with Alexander's approach compared to Robinson's.

Where Robinson had us on a training camp and had signed 10 or 11 players by the time the LC groups started, at the moment we're maybe 60% done with recruitment and these games are very much being used as 'pre-season' and it feels like we're caught between two stools in that respect. We want to manage the intensity with which we play, the minutes that the players are getting but we also need to win.

Regardless of them falling in the middle of July these are competitive games that we need to win and the fans have the expectation to win.

That's us been involved in 18 league cup group fixtures now and only lost 1, against Rangers. Add in the club actively hyping up the whole "Homecoming" angle and it's understandable why there'd be a vocal negative reaction. What's interesting to me is how that dynamic changes compared to what we were watching remotely last season and the fairly passive 1-0 losses in front of empty stands.

For avoidance of doubt furious, red-faced, balding, middle-aged men getting bent out of shape is very much not for me in terms of my football enjoyment experience. I'm still very much Michael Cera here:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Edited by capt_oats

i think we have to wait until all the match fixtures have been played. After todays game i would expect them to be uploaded to the SPFL channel.

It appears to only be the games shown live on Premier Sports that get highlights. Other than that it’s just a best bits showing specific goals.

I did notice that the full game vs Queens Park was uploaded to Motherwelltv but It’s not available to me, and as far as I’m aware there wasn’t any stream on sell so I’m unsure who it is available to.

5 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

It appears to only be the games shown live on Premier Sports that get highlights. Other than that it’s just a best bits showing specific goals.

Is right.

All the goals from all the games will be there tomorrow morning/lunchtime.