Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We certainly still need an experienced centre half and a couple of midfielders as a minimum, I see O’Connor as a young player we hope we can develop rather than a starter. Burrows did state others players coming in shortly so I would expect more incoming over the next week.

4 hours ago, Swello said:

Also - I think this is the appropriate place to say well done to @thisGRAEME for doing good on the telly (although the sight of what looked like pre-watershed bare ankle put me off my breakfast a bit as I watched it on catch-up). Getting a replay of SOD kicking Grealish up in the air at Wembley into the show was the type of content this thread approves of.

Thank you mate. I did try to compare the box office nature of Paul Pogba to Lionel Ainsworth but it didn't quite make it. 

Also on the issue of breakfast  (I will not be fielding questions about my ankles at this time) eating tinned escargot at 7am is not to be recommended.

Here's the team.

1-0 to the gammons at H/T

5 trialists by my count, I take it O'Connor is one of the CBs. Donnelly and SOD play 45 mins. T.Rialist on for Donnelly and Johnston on for SOD.

No Toby and I suppose unsurprisingly no Bevis. No Shields or O'Hara either.

E57gOgVWQAIF6wJ?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

Millwall have scored again at the start of the second half.

Shaun Hutchinson on against us.

Edit: full time, Millwall tweeting their 'dominant second half performance'

Bah humbug

In slightly more pleasant news, AC got Luton a penalty and hit the post in the first half of another win for them

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Finishes 2-0 to the gammon mob.

Looking at the subs:
Motherwell: Kelly, S O’Donnell (Johnston 46), Trialist (Lamie 60), Trialist, Carroll, Donnelly (Trialist 46), Maguire, Cornelius (Crawford 69), Woolery (Amaluzor 69), Watt, Van Veen (Lawless 60).

Subs not used: Fox, Morrison, McLeod, C O’Donnell, Trialist, Trialist, Wilson.

Edited by capt_oats

"We had players returning from injury, we got 90 mins into a few of the boys that need it. Liam Kelly's first game, Stephen O'Donnell's first half a game, Ricki Lamie's first game. They're big players for us and that's their first outing against a real tough outfit and we're still looking to recruit as well."

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I  feel like a club such as ours should not be playing friendlies against the likes of Millwall.

We play the OF 6+ times a season, I'm sure we'll be OK

Edited by Kapowzer

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Still absolutely fucking raging about that tbqhwy.

The guy has 240000 followers who have probably never heard of Motherwell FC.

If half of them now know our name I'm ok with that despite the guys credentials.

There no such thing as bad publicity.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

If half of them now know our name I'm ok with that despite the guys credentials.

You say that now.

You'd better hope that cunt Jacob Rees-Mogg doesn't "like" his tweet.:lol:

13 hours ago, santheman said:

There are plenty of people who do big numbers that I wouldn't want to see giving the club a co-sign or amplifying to the goons that follow them. 

Anyway, Derek Watson's QT articulates far better than I can exactly why I was, and still am, raging at the sheer brass neck and hypocrisy of Gove.

The main positive was the number of 'well fans telling the poisonous little shitstain to go and chase himself.

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There are plenty of people who do big numbers that I wouldn't want to see giving the club a co-sign or amplifying to the goons that follow them. 

Anyway, Derek Watson's QT articulates far better than I can exactly why I was, and still am, raging at the sheer brass neck and hypocrisy of Gove.

The main positive was the number of 'well fans telling the poisonous little shitstain to go and chase himself.

I’m not a malicious individual by nature, more a live and let live. But I’ve a very low opinion of Michael Gove, bit of a Wiesel.

14 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I’m not a malicious individual by nature, more a live and let live. But I’ve a very low opinion of Michael Gove, bit of a Wiesel.

As a general rule of thumb, I find it's a motto that serves well:

DBTlsusXoAAM70_.jpg

Edited by capt_oats