Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I wondered about alternate claret and Amber stripes but maybe you wouldn't see the claret against the black.

The claret worked really well with the 2017/18 away top (aka the Kipre top) although the stripes were broader, and set against grey as well as black. Oh, and horizontal.

I loved that top, and ended up buying two of them after the first met with an unfortunate tumble dryer related incident, but there was much grumbling at the time because it had no amber in it. Plus ca change...

JS150193697.jpg

Edited by Doctor Manhattan
Added picture - any excuse to include big Cedric...

I'm not completely sold on the new away kit and would probably need to see it first hand. I mean, it's a nice kit but from the pictures it's not necessarily a nice Motherwell kit (if that makes sense).

I've bought the last couple of away tops as they were a bit different but you could tell they were a Motherwell top. Not so sure I'll be buying this years.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Seeing as this thread can manifest things such as transfers, how about we start trying to manifest a luminous yellow away top for next season?

We teased it a couple of seasons ago with the training gear. It's definitely time to get the kit the same colour. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Seeing as this thread can manifest things such as transfers, how about we start trying to manifest a luminous yellow away top for next season?

31 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

We teased it a couple of seasons ago with the training gear. It's definitely time to get the kit the same colour. 

Make. It. Happen.

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Maybe proof of purchase of this year's away top will be a prerequisite for eligibility?

I have more than one brick on the Davie Cooper wall so I should be ahead of most of you

42 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm definitely on board for this.

(just drop the unnecessary background to the club crest)

You know they will have a black and neon yellow badge that would look horrible. Or black MFC stitched on it.

QPR replace Kelly with Jordan Archer as predicted.

and big Harry Smith moves to Leyton Orient (all things told, reading between the lines of what the Northampton manager is saying I'd guess being back in LDN is a good move for him).

Tom King who was on trial with us signs for Salford.

Edited by capt_oats

16 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Ash Taylor has signed for Walsall, so we can write him off as a potential target.

Noticed that. 

In terms of experience and profile I'd happily have had Taylor in to replace Gallagher. That said, no tears shed that he's off to Walsall and it's not a massive surprise that he'd want to head back south anyway given his new side-business interests and what not.

Ideally. I'd still say we're looking at 5 to come in (2 x CB (1x Gallagher replacement), 2 x CM (Campbell and Polworth replacements) and maybe 1 forward). That'd give you the 10 (max) in Alexander spoke of at the end of last season.

We currently have 23 of a first team squad add 5 to that gives you 28, factor in Carson most likely being away, Grimshaw's uncertainty with health/injury and the potential for a couple going out on loan (Morrison etc) that'd leave you with potentially 23 or 24 bodies. Which sounds about normal.

Edited by capt_oats