Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

It's mental the amount of gravitas this thread has in the papers. 

Saying that, delight big weird Kev will be signing on shortly.

Which paper will be first to offer a culinary corner spot for the group?

Nobody asked etc., but nobody else is signing players and I love experimenting. 

van Veen doesn't come across as a scorer at all, more a "second striker" who'll be setting up chances for others.

Spoiler

KVV.thumb.png.219a8812e572e26bdb183f498744ae49.png

"Full database" only covers the past 3 seasons, thats all I have data on.

KVV2.thumb.png.e4609ee00c350f0e8bb2b2dc794e1e2e.png

The clip of his goals is probably a clip of all his goals.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

van Veen doesn't come across as a scorer at all, more a "second striker" who'll be setting up chances for others.

Hide contents

Fwiw I do actually find these pretty worthwhile. I find it much more interesting seeing roughly what type of player we're signing rather than just looking at their name or the level they're coming from.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Fwiw I do actually find these pretty worthwhile. I find it much more interesting seeing roughly what type of player we're signing rather than just looking at their name or the level they're coming from.

That's quite enough reasoned thought thank you very much. Big weird Dutch guy that gets it bent right up the opposition fans? IN.

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Can we configure the algorithm to include a weirdness variable?

5 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Can we configure the algorithm to include a weirdness variable?

KVV3.thumb.png.db44429eae29278a17cfb8027d4394eb.png

Added it in, turns out hes an "elite" big weirdo. Obviously thats in the lower leagues in England so context etc., interesting to see how he adapts and performs up here.

26 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm glad someone finds some use for it all 😂

Spent an hour tonight chucking 3 years worth of Norwegian league CMs in, then looking for someone who could replace Wotherspoon. Excitedly found a name and googled it, only to find he was linked with fucking Atletico Madrid last week.

Scouting seems a hard, torturous, slog of constant disappointment.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That's quite enough reasoned thought thank you very much. Big weird Dutch guy that gets it bent right up the opposition fans? IN.

Big weird Dutch guy that gets it bent right up the opposition fans is one of the categories I am v much in favour of don't worry.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reveal hidden contents

fwiw I think you're probably on the money in terms of him not being a "scorer" when you look at his numbers (obviously caveating that with teams he's playing for and role he's been asked to play). However there have clearly been seasons where he has been exactly that.

500662676_ScreenShot2021-06-24at22_02_42.thumb.png.623cdede34eb43b5237ee1c8535eeda7.png

What's interesting to me is the idea that Devante Cole was by no means prolific (and that's being kind) but under Alexander he hit a run of form as a goalscorer that was undeniable. We were getting the best of both in the sense that he was creating and scoring.

It's an eyeball thing based entirely on a couple of YouTube videos but Van Veen looks like a player in the same mould.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm glad someone finds some use for it all 😂

Spent an hour tonight chucking 3 years worth of Norwegian league CMs in, then looking for someone who could replace Wotherspoon. Excitedly found a name and googled it, only to find he was linked with fucking Atletico Madrid last week.

Scouting seems a hard, torturous, slog of constant disappointment.

I like these too.

Nae fucking xG shite