Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest superward
3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

So with wee Beck signing up for a year here's where we are as it stands (roughly):

1908823395_ScreenShot2021-06-22at09_48_55.thumb.png.a1cbbc3117593fa4d014c6ed5cb8bc8f.png

I take the point that some of those folk might want to be back up may end up being starters but (IMO) replacements for Gallagher, Campbell, Polworth and Cole (plus a Roberts or equivalent) to drop into the starting XI are pretty much a minimum.

There's still an obvious question mark over whether we see Carson again purely because (again IMO) we've made such a thing over being open to Kelly coming back it's difficult to see us going into the season with Carson as #1 and I can't really see him being happy about being a back-up. Which isn't to say Carson is anything other than an excellent goalkeeper when fit, it just kind of sits weird at the moment.

I think it's not even a case of they want to end up starters. Can't see anything but at least 3 or 4 of the ones you have as backup being nailed on to start the season. Maguire, Mugabi, O'Hara I think will all feature in the starts stats come end of season. 

Edited by superward

If I might be permitted to interrupt this tangential fitba chat for just a moment, I found myself in an Indian last night whose "Signature Appetisers" included Aubergine Pakora and Marinated Sesame Paneer. I'd like to be able to report on whether they were any good or not, but frankly they sounded like boak, so I had the Chicken Chaat Puri instead, which was very nice. #NoRegrets.

image.png.9d21ea37fadfb8b9bdb7a4e508e5d0a5.png

Transfermarkt has him down as a left winger fwiw.
6511887_ScreenShot2021-06-22at15_26_45.thumb.png.f0f27e53a387caf7d6b6aa9abaf248fb.png
If he signs we are really heading to the 'who the f**k is that' territory and I would imagine the rest of the signings will be of the same nature. Nervous tick on my face has started.

If he signs we are really heading to the 'who the f**k is that' territory and I would imagine the rest of the signings will be of the same nature. Nervous tick on my face has started.
Plenty of unknowns have turned out to be great signings. Plenty of familiar players have turned out to be rotten.

39 minutes ago, Well Well said:

What defines "who the f**k is that?" territory.

Maybe when I was a bit younger and more of a football manager addict it would have been different, but I have rarely heard of any English lower league players when they are linked with us, unless they have played in Scotland before. I'm sure most of us are the same.

Guest superward
2 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Try 5pm. Woolery signs

They did that to spite me. Haha. 

Nae luck, had my twitter notifications on.