Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

That's just never going to get old, is it?

Just this once, I don't think Grealish was diving.

But we would have him in our team in a heartbeat, he’s a fantastic player.

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

£10m bid incoming!! 🤔😅

20210620_090940.jpg

The Mail article has it as the clause being a fee "understood to be relatively modest".

"Relatively" is doing a lot of work there. Relative to what? Scottish prices? English prices? The fee you'd expect for a player who keeps multiple English superstars in his back pocket?

Absolutely fair play to him btw, given he was looking at a Championship move last summer before the 'Rona happened I don't think anyone expected him to sign a fresh two year deal with us before a major international tournament and not have some sort of mutually beneficial exit in there. Even if there wasn't, I doubt we'd have stood in his way if a Championship side came in for him and we get paid.

Edited by capt_oats

Obviously it was confirmed at the AGM that we were taking the Covid loan from the Scottish Government and let's be honest given the repayment terms it's a legit no-brainer but it's interesting to see we've apparently been extended a Credit Facility of £2.959m.

Interest free over 20 years means we're paying back £147,950 p/a (on the assumption we've drawn down the full amount).

Hopefully the new dressing room will have phone charging connections for each player then.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Obviously it was confirmed at the AGM that we were taking the Covid loan from the Scottish Government and let's be honest given the repayment terms it's a legit no-brainer but it's interesting to see we've apparently been extended a Credit Facility of £2.959m.

Interest free over 20 years means we're paying back £147,950 p/a (on the assumption we've drawn down the full amount).

Hopefully the new dressing room will have phone charging connections for each player then.

Been interesting to see the different approaches clubs have used the money for.

Motherwell seem to have spent a lot on the stadium and infrastructure, we've seemingly pretty much wiped out all loses sustained due to Covid, while St Mirren spent it on Brophy and Tanser...

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Been interesting to see the different approaches clubs have used the money for.

Motherwell seem to have spent a lot on the stadium and infrastructure, we've seemingly pretty much wiped out all loses sustained due to Covid, while St Mirren spent it on Brophy and Tanser...

I dunno. We signed like 34 folk on loan in January. Some of whom may or may not exist. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

When does the panty wetting begin?

5 minutes after scanning the first day of training photos for new faces.

I am slightly worried that we don't seem to have anything in the works. Even the rumour mill is dead. We need to sign 5 or 6 players good enough to start every week.

It depends on what Mr Burrows' "And before you ask - yes, we’ll have some new players to fit in there very, very soon too! 👍🏼" timeline actually looks like. I mean, "very, very soon" to me would be the next few days but the reality? Who knows.

That's not a dig just an observation that "soon" and "shortly" seem to be pretty loose terms around Fir Park (and I acknowledge that oftentimes it's kind of out of the hands of the club precisely when a player signs and when we're able to announce).

Listening to Burrows talking about recruitment on the MFC Podcast the other week it's clear we've moved away from Robinson's approach of getting a bunch of players in early on pre-contracts. Although, I think it was @YassinMoutaouakil who touched on it a while ago but this time last summer we'd only confirmed 3 players (Lamie, White and McGinley) although the season prior we'd confirmed 6 (Gallagher, Polworth, Carroll, Sloth, Hylton and Long).

Agree that it feels a bit weird that there don't seem to many rumoured targets (bar the "offered Lafferty a contract", "we're open to the idea of Moult" and the extra vague Luke McCormick and Beneghan links) but the point that most of the movement up here so far has been between clubs within Scotland and there have been few cross border deals seems to stand up.

I've no reason to doubt Flow when he's saying we "have a lot of iron in the fire" and "It's important that we try and get the right fit for us, rather than the quickest, and that can take a bit of time. Rest assured, we're working day and night to try and get the targets we want and, hopefully when we do, we'll announce right away."

Either way, I'm sure Burrows' reply guys will be getting antsy very, very soon.

Edited by capt_oats